Wednesday, August 22, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 34 - Russet

Afraid of Heights

Russet is a curious color - the swatch looks gray, but all the versions of it were reddish brown, so I went with that.It's a potato color, earthy and warm and hinting at things hiding under the surface. I've felt a lot like that lately - like there are dark things moving inside of me where I can't see, and what I can see I have such mixed feelings about. I think it's inevitable, in any examined life, to hit a point where you look back on what you created and have to ask, "Is it good?"

Not good in the sense of pure, or somehow without cruelty or shadow, but good in terms of functional and beautiful. I'm not sure a life exists without cruelty, or a mind exists without shadow - the brightest light just makes the shadows hide and become even darker. Accepting the things about myself that I don't like, the actions I take which were wrong, the places where I misstep - that is as critical as seeing clearly the beauty and joy I create, the good that I do, and where my balance is perfect.

Arising Reflection

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Glasses: De La Soul, Nerd-y Glasses (gift)
Lipstick: Mock, Micare Lipglimmer
Hair: Damselfly, Skylynn - Russet
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Necklace: Earthstones, Mahika Necklace
Dress: Rag Dollz, Russet Decadence
Boots: G Field, Lace-up Boots "Gina"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Svarga
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI 2013
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment