Monday, March 19, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 12 - St. Patrick's Blue

Rudting Tubing Information

Being pagan, being a polytheist, I'm not terribly enamored with St Patrick - who drive the pagans out of Ireland. I have a soft spot for his blue, though, so I'll give him a pass for this week. Religion is a funny thing, though. I was a seeker in my teens, and am now fairly settled in my religion, comfortable with it. It's never far from my thoughts, but I'm released from a lot of the demands of other religions since there's no proselytizing, or regular prayer demands, or even dietary restrictions. I participate on a few online forums; I had a long period of trying to show people I was right, which seemed to be my analog for the proselytizing stage of other people's religious life. Now... I'm much more interested in interesting conversations. New conversations. It's very difficult to find those - with people I interact with int he contexts of philosophy, the vast majority are atheistic and often openly hostile to the version of Christianity they dislike most, which is the only type of religion they want to discuss. Within pagan contexts, a lot of people are concerned with things I don't care about - like casting spells to get things and finding their spirit animals, or accumulating a series of gods to call upon in prayer.

DNA Spiral

And even when I respond, I tend to be somewhat scholarly and blunt, which doesn't always make me friends. Recently I did a very long response to someone's questions about prayers and got an incredibly rude response, and then a begrudging apology after a couple of people let the individual know how long I had been a member of that community (lets just say a Long Ass Time). I felt the momentary urge to crush with a scathing response, but I've grown really tired of that response, of the one-upmanship of debate where you are less interested in an interesting discussion and more interested in scoring points and winning. I still feel that urge to win, to crush, to hear the lamentations of their spouses as I return their twisted carcass to the doormat of their front door, but I've been down that road so many times before and it seems to hold nothing new for me. Novelty, if nothing else, will drive me away from being an asshole on the internet.

Cascade of Toys

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee - rainbow (mesh, promotional item)
Eyeshadow: Mock, Charquoise (group gift)
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A Planty
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Opal Lipcolor - Puce
Glasses: Air, Cresta
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Kamiko Mesh Hair (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Necklace 1: Axiom, Transmigration of Souls
Necklace 2: Little Boy Blue, Luxor Necklace - small
Necklace 3: Earthstones, Knotty Beads - Labradorite
Dress: Evie's Closet, Fable Gown - Blue
Shoes: Poised, Queen Boots - tinted (Closing Sale Until the End of March)

Poses: !bang

Location: The Labyrinth of Absurdity
Light Settings: Riverrock Night
Water Settings: TOR, Waterslides

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments: