Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mahou Shoujo

Caught in Check

Honestly, when it was first talked about in Second Life, it never occurred to me that I would be able to see Materials. It wasn't until this year that I was able to render shadows in Second Life and not have my browser die, and I still don't run things on ultra, mostly because I'm sure my laptop would catch on fire. It wasn't until I was setting up lighting on one of Fatewear's older releases - which I finally picked up because a) SALE!!! 8D 8D and b) I really wanted at least one mesh fuku in my inventory - that I even realized I could see materials and the subtle but profound effects they have on adding verisimilitude to a look. The back of the ribbon, tinted blue because I got the white fuku so I could tint things with wild abandon, catches the light in a manner entirely different than the duller texture of the shirt and skirt, and yet it's subtle enough that it isn't hopping out of the picture screaming, "Look at me!" This is the sort of texturing which could have been aped by a clever texturer, but which would never respond to light quite correctly. One other thing Fatewear did, besides excellent materials texturing, was also to include a shadow tattoo for the upper thighs under the fuku - one I plan on swiping for other similarly short skirts. Combined with the black interior lining, the shadow does an excellent job of combining no panty shot with non-obvious invisiline; it looks so natural that even when I was reflecting up under my skirt in another picture it simply looked as if the shadows were too dark for one to see anything. Simply flawless.

Hearts and Kisses

The rest of my look coalesced around my new favorite fuku; I wanted a simple, youthful style for the hair even though I hope I don't look like a high schooler anymore. Wasabi Pills delivered with a special release for FaMESHed, complete with a perfectly tinted pink bow. I carried the pink through on my lips, once more combining Adore & Abhor with Mock for the perfect glossy finish; I wanted something on the dark side of bubblegum - what happens to a bright pink when it ferments down into reality. My nails are an adorable release from Alice Project, who finally got into the nail business; I love the dual heart with the subtly different shades of this one. On my shoulder, I brought my talking companion, the tiny a watermelon-eating bat who scolds me when I oversleep or am late for work. It was from Pink Fuel, but I don't remember the context of getting it - perhaps an old-school gatcha? It's completely adorable, though. Finally, on the tips of my toes are one of the new colors that SLink released for her ultra-high heels. She did some surveys to pick additional colors, and then those of us who had bought fatpacks got extras - and I bounced all over when I got mine. While the included Fatewear boots were quite nice, I really like the added effect of a completely different style of boot, and my color scheme actually started from here, even as the outfit began with the fuku.

Visiting the Dead

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Sally
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Liz Shadow in Smoked
Lipstick 1: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Lips
Lipstick 2: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss
Wings: Illusions, Apsara
Pet: Pink Fuel, Watermelon Bat
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Alice Project, Two-Tone Hearts
Outfit: Fateplay, Rena
Shoes: SLink, Demi Boots

Pose: Don't Freak Out


Location: Steampunkables
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY - Vintage Village
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment