Sunday, December 29, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 50 - Redstone Mountains

Fawning

Guess Who???

I know, I know, it's been freaking ages. Ironically, I took these pictures days ago - intending on doing a quick blog post to get within the end range of the Twisted Color Challenge - this week is Redstone Mountains, and aren't they lovely? - before the meat of my vacation began. Instead, I tried to be a little more reasonable in my plans and desires, and I ended up only getting to the Redstone Mountains today after much travel to be back with my family, and several days of illness. I'm finally beginning to perk up again, which honestly is a bit of a relief; being sick on holiday always seems like it should be illegal.

I don't have any deep thoughts this week, I'm afraid. Or, rather, I have deep thoughts, but they're swirling under layers of stuffiness and My Cat From Hell (new addiction - I love Jefferson Galaxy; doesn't he sound like he should be on Second Life?) and none of them are going to make it out to play with you lovely people. My Cat From Hell has clarified for me something which seems to put me at variance with most people who watch reality television, though (or perhaps just those who create it?) - I dislike greatly seeing people at their worst, fighting and being nasty. I adore seeing people succeed. One thing that My Cat From Hell does is that it is all about positive reinforcement and success - both for the people, and for the cats. They play up a bit of the drama in the beginning, but I'm guaranteed two happy endings a show, and that means the world to me. It also explains why I really no longer like Project Runway, which had been a favorite - now the deck is stacked so horribly against the contestants that it's endless fights and failure and a rare few successes, and it just makes me sad. Give me two happy endings a show any day and I'll be loyal.

Entwined

I'll keep my clothing talk short and sweet today - starting from the toes and moving up. My boots are a recent release from Lassitude & Ennui, a lovely pair of Majorette style knee-highs with shiny metal buttons. I particularly liked the two toned effect, which made these a very appropriate choice for the reddish-brown / matte-brown of Redstone Mountains. They are fully rigged, which means the subtleties of foot poses translate cleanly, and rigged well enough that they pretty much always look natural. The texturing is exquisite, as well, with the subtle shine of quality leather and bits of worked patterning on the buttons and tongue of the boot. My dress is from Beetlebones, and if I remember correctly it was a purchase form ages ago which fell out of my inventory in a timely manner. Like few dresses, it is fully textured inside - which I believe adds to the rendering weight of the garment, but which also helps to ensure that the world won't be visible beyond if my angles become a little too hard. The sleeves on it are very sweet, and I really liked the lay and design of the bodice; it makes it a simple dress without ever getting near dull. The texturing around the buttons was an excellent touch as well, adding just a subtle amount of pressure without making it seem like they should be bursting.

My jewelry is from AZE Designs, and is a delicate beauty like most of their work. I'm actually combining two different sets - a copper, wire-effected necklace and earring set with a pair of lace bracelets (better seen here). I really appreciated the bracelets in particular, as I'm often wistfully wishing more sets had something for the ends of my arms to balance things out a little; these are interesting enough that they can be combine with other sets, and will probably find their way into many looks as the years go by. Finally, my lovely, multicolored, beautifully rigged hair is from Ploom. I saw this hair on FLickr, new I had to have it, and was so pleased to discover when I picked up the fades pack of it that it had an additional point of personalization - a streak which made its way through the bulk of the hair and down over one shoulder. Part of why I had to include a shot from behind for this post is because of how wonderfully this hair is designed and rigged - it clings to one shoulders and the back without becoming over extended, even when my head is turned, and I adore the poof of hair on top and how it gets caught up by a little band of lighter hair before fanning out. I really love all of the fades included, though of course I went as almost-a-brunette for this look, and hair stores which are doing fades are becoming some of my favorite on the grid. How it is faded is also striking; instead of being all on one level with a relatively quick fade, the Ploom fade is gradual and interlaces the different shades of hair in a way which seems more natural - truly, an awesome and fun style.

What Was That?

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Ploom, Camille
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Bliensen + MaiTai, Strawberry
Jewelry: AZE, Theodosia (Gothmas)
Bracelets: AZE, Awilda's Manacles
Dress: Beetlebones, Puffsleeves Linen Dress
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Jolenta boots

Pose: !bang

Location: Rosemist Isle
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY An Incongruent Truth
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment