Friday, December 13, 2013

Bittersweet Advents

Mountain View

There is sometimes a lag time between when I take a picture and when I upload it, and sometimes this means things get lost in the gaps - I start something new and before I know it most of my old notes are over-written. That happened in this case, with an outfit mostly put together out of hunt prizes and advent gifts, while I was flipping through my sad, bad, mad couple of weeks which is now slowly slipping into ecstasy. Sometimes I think it's only now that I really appreciate what it means to no longer be depressed - to ride the highs and lows of my emotions with their full strength. It often feels like trying to hitch a ride on a hurricane, with only an old, gray house to hold on to. The advent has been a joy, though - so many wonderful gifts to keep me going when I thought I didn't know how to sooth myself through another evening of anxiety. My one complaint is all of the fullbright; I know it makes jewelry shine up more, but it makes it so much harder to photograph in shadow. The stars should glow, not my necklace. I'm back to trying to find water to do reflections with, though it's been harder to find good spots lately. So any places have the land steeply dropping into the water, so much so that I can't easily perch right above it as I want to.

Arise and Walk

Today is Friday the Thirteenth - my grandmother's lucky day. She came to the United States on Friday the Thirteenth when she was only a child, and the year she died there were two Friday the Thirteenths in a row. I know because the first made me think of her, and when the second happened a month later I called. It was our last conversation, and it was short and - for my grandmother - sweet. Bittersweet now, in my memories, just as the memories of my Grandfather have their bite. As we go towards the darkest night, as the days grow shorter and darker and colder, it's a reminder of how everything is in cycles. Everything moves endlessly in the sky and on the earth. Nothing ever really stops, even in death. Mothernights is coming - the night when we honor our mothers, and our father's mothers, and our mother's mothers, and all of the ancestors who have remained as Disir watching over the family and our luck. I have felt that luck powerfully in the last few days, and I honor the women in my family who guard it and give it to us, their grateful descendants.

Walking on Galaxies

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Alice Project, Serena (Advent)
Crown: Last Ride, Holly Crown (Advent)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Cosmetics: Couldn't Replicate
Wings: Illusions, Apsara
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Jewelry Set 1: Unidentified, but an Advent Gift
Jewelry Set 2: Virtual Impressions, Bells (Advent)
Dress: Romance Couture, Starlight Gown (Peace On Earth Hunt)
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Opium

Pose: Exposeur

Location: I Don't Remember
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY - Vintage Village
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment