Saturday, April 13, 2013

Murder Doll

Scowling Harlequin

One thing I miss when I end up doing a lot of challenges is the fun of simply opening my inventory, putting together a look spontaneously from what has floated to the top of my inventory, and then going out and snapping some pictures. I'm utterly ignoring my challenges and getting my Harlequin on, finally combining this hair I was sent from Underscore and this outfit I got ages ago from Sublime Shroud Kreations. Funny story about the latter - I linked him to another picture I took with this (for Single Frame Stories) and he complemented me on it, then exclaimed, "Ooo...Pretty!! OH OH..my Harlequin!!!" I laughed at him for not recognizing his own outfit! The Underscore hair includes the hair framing my face and a Harlequin style hat; I ended up using a hairbase from Wasabi Pills instead of modifying my head shape to fit the rigged hair better, but I think it works nonetheless. I love the little bells along the edges of the hat and I think otherwise it really looks amazing. The second I saw the style I new I had to pair it with the outfit from Sublime Shroud Kreations, but it took me a while to get the space in my schedule to pull it together and get out for pictures. I really often get overwhelmed by the sheer bulk of things coming available in Second Life, the sheer amount of things I've agreed to do, and I'm painfully aware that the Fantasy Faire is coming up and I am about to be very, very busy! It's opening on April 21, but I have about six days to fill up on pictures and posts before then, so I'm hoping to not overwhelm myself too much!

Over Reach

One interesting thing about this look is how central my SLink mesh hands and feet become, since they fit nearly perfectly to the outfit itself, and add so much by polishing the ends of my limbs. I've been considering picking up the trifecta and getting some prim boobs, but I haven't spent the time looking into it yet, and I'm not quite sure what I think about it; it seems odd after shrinking down my boobs to fit 90% of the mesh on the grid. The whole issue of prim boobs is pretty interesting to me: on the one hand I've been a reader of Livin' La Vida Segunda for ages, an avatar who goes around with quite oversized prim boobs and sometimes writes about her motivations and what she gets from an extreme expression of her physiology; on the other hand, I've read for ages responses to female avatars with prim boobs implying they can't be women, or that it necessarily has to indicate something untoward sexually, so seeing fashionistas jump onto the prim boob bandwagon has been surreal. I actually feel much more comfortable with prim hands and feet, both because they were often bare to begin with when I was showing them off, so there isn't an issue of matching clothing, and also because it seems like parts of the Second Life mesh which are so inherently inferior. I don't feel the way about my built in boobs, though; I do miss them being larger, but I've grown used to that over time and am not particularly interested in jumping between shapes for every outfit.

Broken Doll

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Mask: Illusions, Harlequin Mask Civette
Eyeshadow: Eternal Darkness, Harlequin Tears
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Silent Star
Hair: Underscore, Harlequin (promotional item)
Hairbase: Wasabi Pills, Flaming Cherry
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Outfit: Sublime Shroud Kreations, Harlequin Red (promotional item)
Feet: SLink, Mesh Feet

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: MOSP
Light Settings: EUPHORIA sunset 2
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment