Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ICHP (Dilly Dolls): Faerie in a Story

Walk Into Mist

The world is full of wonderful and terrible things. I'm a Pisces, a symbol of the divergent fish - one always seeking the surface, the other always seeking the depths, tied together with an indelible and unbreakable cord. More and more, I have grown to think that it is by facing these wonderful and terrible things - by embracing the rising joy and the fall of despair - that so many of us truly embrace and live our lives. Just as important as the facing, though, is the knowledge that we are not alone, that someone cares about us, that someone knows us and recognizes us. There are so many people out there living lives of quiet desperation, hiding from their fears while they hide their fears from all the world. I am literally paid to be with the suffering of these groups, to have enough integrity and compassion to rightfully earn their trust, to have enough discernment and disinterest to see them truly through and through, and to still love them. I keep expecting it to get harder, to hit the moment where I realize I'm breaking on some fundamental level, but more and more I feel like I am feeling things more deeply and truly, seeing things more clearly and accurately, riding the highs and lows of more than two hands of lives while somehow maintaining my own, flawed as I am.

On a more prosaic note... I really need to pay my rent and check the mail.

Who is that Masked Woman?

My gorgeous, classic shoes (close up here) are a new release from Dilly Dolls, and I paired them with one of her older releases - this cute, scanty dress. Dilly Dolls' standard is to release color sets instead of individual colors, so any version you pick up will give you a ton of options. She tends to pair things in light and dark, which is painful for someone like me who likes them all, but the prices are low enough I'll usually just pick up all the sets and be done with it! I added these new mask releases from Souzou Eien, which are SO AWESOME. There are a couple which seem more skin-covering, but I imply fell in love with this lace mask which shows the skin through - and since it's mesh, it's easy to refit it to fit my fat head (no, really, my head is rounder than the standard). I had just picked up this recent release from Majika, too, in the triple color version - which is an innovation I wish more hair stores would copy; fades are the best (see, also, amazing dress). To continue my theme of "lets wear things actually released recently", I actually picke dup this jewelry brand new at some sort of Ostara or Easter Faire from LanTN (I think you have to say the end REALLY LOUDLY). I'm neither Wiccan nor Christian, but I love five petaled flowers and amethyst is one of my favorite stones.

Bridge Over Tranquil Water

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Mask: Souzou Eien, Lace Masque Purple
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir Dandy Lion
Hair: Magika, Rewind
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: LanTN, Ostara Pentacle
Dress: Dilly Dolls, Nykki Yellow
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Stockings: G Field, Basic Color Tights - Lilac
Heels: Dilly Dolls, Saula Dark Heels - brown (Promotional Item)

Poses: !bang

Location: The Noble Storybook
Light Settings: Phototools - Jessica Light
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment