Saturday, April 20, 2013

Fantasy Faire: Bliensen + MaiTai

Bliensen + MaiTai - Mine

Bliensen + MaiTai (Main Store Link) has an amazing amount of releases for the Fantasy Faire, open Saturday, and I'm really amazed by the gorgeous quality. The "Mine" jewelry set, which comes in eight stone-types with matching earrings and necklaces, is simply channeling the Renaissance Faires of my youth in a completely delightful way. I actually am pretty sure I have an actual, real world version of this necklace. The dragon and findings of the jewelry is in a gentle shade of copper which I really enjoy; it's often hard to find this particular shade since jewelry in Second Life is so overwhelmingly dominated by gold and silver. The top four colors are available as an RFL Donation item for the necklaces, with additional vendors for the other colors and the earrings. You're also getting a hint of the hairstyle Bliensen + MaiTai is offering, which is an amazing undine updo festooned by all kinds of undersea gems. I love the pieces of coral, and the shells, and the multicolored starfish clinging to my locks. The main part of the hair is static, but there is a fleximble attachment which is not shown at its best in these static, studio pictures - wait for the on-sim images that are coming. There are even small pearls glinting and gleaming, somehow wedged into my hair so that they won't fall free.

Bliensen + MaiTai - Hair

In addition, Bliensen + MaiTai is offering this amazing necklace which also comes with a rezzable version. It's a great little vial, reminiscent of Djinn bottles and the middle east, with a fantastically rough and angled leather necklace; I particularly like the awkward curve of this, as it reminds me of necklaces I've owned and worn offline. Finally are the incredible eye-themed earrings and forehead decoration - the latter scripted so that you can change the metal texture around it and available in all of the colors shown for the earrings. For a donation to RFL, the blue and teal eyes - available in four metal colors - can be purchased. I found the earrings unexpectedly charming; my initial response was a literal and physical jump of shock as I put them on, but the more I wore them the more I appreciated having five, rather than two, ways of looking at the world. The effect is both creepy and striking.

Bliensen + MaiTai - Earrings

Come to Titan's Hollow to find both the Bliensen + MaiTai offerings and so much more.

Credits:

Skin & Eyes: De La Soul
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise and SLink

No comments:

Post a Comment