Sunday, September 9, 2012

In Spirit

Face to Face

I had already done a photoshoot at claudia222 Jewell's Art Screamer show - spirit - but I'm glad I came back for another look, this time working with a darker pallet. I'm so very glad I came back, because I found several layers I had missed the last time. I'm kind of wishing I had the time and attention to do a third set with a different windlight, but it's closing today and I try to not overwhelm myself with too much pressure; I feel like the push to take photographs actually can weaken the photographs taken. At ground level is the usual psychadelicly muted figures set out in glorious fractal style which characterize Jewell's art, but in this case the lower level gives birth to growing platforms higher and higher in the air, including the birthplace of bees and what looks like a floating layer of jellyfish. At once both organic and fantastic, the problem with photographing one of Jewell's art pieces is less finding something worth a picture and more finding angles which imply the greater whole experienced in 3D. I hope I have managed, in some small way, to capture even a fragment of my gasps of delight as I explored spirit in the dark.

Eyes Bloom

Bare Rose does the best hunts in the known universe, and this is an example of their hunt prizes - almost the whole outfit (plus a horse to ride which I didn't wear) was a single, relatively easy hunt prize, with a really awesome story to go along with it. I try very hard to do all of the hunts through her and keep all of the stories since they're so awesome; you've missed this one, but future ones await us all. The hair is an awesome one from Secrets Hair which I honestly didn't think I would ever find an outfit for, until I tried it with this outfit. The goggles are part of the Bare Rose outfit, but the kerchief is part of the Secrets Hair - confusing, I know! But doesn't it look awesome? The little dangles in front of the ears cut a little into my faerie ears, but not enough that it really disrupts even in pictures. It's also a mix of rigged mesh and flexi hair, which makes it very versatile but still good looking when you move; the pony tail sticks to the back no matter how you move, while the flexi swirls around giving the illusion of free floating hair. .

Blanket of Blossoms

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Secret Hair, Ahoy - Platinum (promotional item)
Outfit (including wings): Bare Rose, Over the Moonbow (Hunt Prize)

Poses: Glitterati


Location: Art Screamer: spirit by claudia222 Jewell
Light Settings: NB, Sepia 0000
Water Settings: TOR, Coral reef

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment