Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 36 - Hot Cinnamon

Glance

Hot Cinnamon is an amazingly orange color - I was expecting red from the name, but the orange really stuck with me after, reminding me of the lighter side of cider in the winter. One of my family traditions is a wonderful mulled cider that we always make, which I consider a cure for the common cold. Hunting down suitable ciders is a full time job, and always well worth the effort. The bright, fresh, warm smell is always palpable in my memory; comforting and soothing. Comfort food is one of those interesting things, sometimes a moving target, sometimes clear as a bell in the memory, bringing one back to simpler and happier times. Those times are always an illusion created if one had loving parents; I don't know what happens for people without those hazy, golden hours when they are adult and alone in an often overwhelming world.

Pinwheels

Origami is the simple folding of paper - no cuts, no tears; complicated fold over fold which results in something wholly organic. I've done some basic origami, but the stunning complexities of that and it's near cousin kirigami live outside of the realms of my faltering fingers. One thing I admire about traditional Japanese culture is the emphasis on the moment, on the process of doing something, on the meditative repetition of the same movements moving through clumsiness to boredom to transcendence. I don't think it's a coincidence that Zen, the Buddhism of emptiness, arose when Buddhism reached the shores of Japan. The beauty and peace found in emptiness is something that I, growing up as a cluttered USonian, find both deeply appealing and strongly outside of my nature; it is, perhaps, the sheer difference which attracts.

Meditation

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace - Cream - Sakura (Group Gift)
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: elymode, Autumn - rust/gold
Lipstick: Mock, Micare LipGlimmer - Santa Fe Gold
Hair: Secrets, Athena II - Platinum
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Dress: Earth & Sky Design, Sandy Ruffle Dress - pumpkin
Jewelry: EarthStones, Burst Necklace - Hot
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Dasha Pump Shoes - White & Light Buckled

Location: LOL
Light Settings: [NB] Sepia 0800
Water Settings: TOR, Coral reef

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment