Monday, September 17, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 38 - Papaya Whip

Jungle Fever

I didn't even hunt for outfits for Papaya Whip. I've been wanting to show off this amazing corset set from Rosal since I bought it, and since I bought the fatpacks of each part, I knew I could manage it. It comes in black, red, and white - and the white is tintable if you edit it; I just have to take a second to say how much I adore being able to tint white things to match a given outfit. In any case - the second I saw this set from Rosal, I was completely in love. I'm actually missing the ballet style boots, going with the stiletto heels instead. There are gloves to match, however, fully mesh, along with the neck and waist corsets. Each has stripes on them along which a flicker of glow moves regularly from and to different diodes on the corsets. It's futuristic and sleek, and I want about ten million of these gloves in various colors please! She just released some gorgeous kimono-inspired styles; if you like corsets for the waist and neck, Rosal absolutely has to be on your list of places to go.

I really struggled with pairing the corset set with other clothing - it is a mid-hip line, which means a lot of skirts won't work smoothly with it. I literally began trying different skirts of different types, finally happening onto these pieces from Bare@Rose, from her Artemis set. The pairing is perfect - unbounded and wild yet still sleek and smooth; curving out from the narrowness of neck and waist and flowing out smoothly in lean lines. I really love it as a total look; it moves as well as it photographs. Choosing the hair was equally difficult, and dictated by the corset set, but this mesh style from Alice Project was absolutely perfect. Her new hair setup is called the "infinity" set; you buy one HUD for coloring it, and then you can color up any hairstyles you want. There's an uber fatpack which is very ingeniously programmed - you select subsets to make them show up, instead of being overwhelmed by a million colors on one page. I've found myself using more tipped hairs now that I bought the fatpack; this, for example, is the blond on blond tips.

Clifftop Whimsey

The brilliant shininess of today's pictures combined with this weeks Depth Perception theme for Single Frame Stories got me thinking about how we perceive depth. Usually, deep people are morose and solitary, quiet, and what they see into is dark and deep, often murky and full of the crueler and more horrid sides of peoples' natures. There seems to be widespread acceptance that to be honest is to be cruel and harsh, and to be deep is to be solemn and dark and say things with three or more syllables. I do find my deepest thinking seems to be in stillness, but I have a strong desire to find the depth in the brilliant things, the honesty which leads us to be kinder, the depth which is of a brilliant and shining nature rather than something dark and murky. I want to find loving and noble basic truths to human nature, and when I use words of more than three syllable, I want them to resonate with power and meaning while lightening the load of all who hear them.

Highlights

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: White Widow, Dragonfly Silver
Lipstick 1: Mock, Micare LipGlimmer - Dusted Contessa
Lipstick 2: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor - Midas' Kiss
Hair: Alice Project, Momo II
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Corsets: Rosal, Viron-M White
Gloves: Rosal, Viron-M White
Top and Skirt: Bare Rose, Artemis
Boots: Rosal, Viron-M White

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Antennaria
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: TOR, Atomist


Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment