Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hunt for the Steampunk Unicorn

At the Beginning

I think the thing which continues to drive me in Second Life is that there always seems to be something amazing and incredible around the corner, just when you're least expecting it. On the last day of the hunt at Bare Rose I happened to catch wind of it, and the builds she made are completely amazing and tell an entertaining tale of creation and discovery, with a little murder and mayhem thrown in. Each area of the story is so richly full of life that I couldn't resist a quick set of pictures with one of my impulse-purchases from the Vintage Faire, from Kouse's Sanctum - a store I've known for a long while now, and who always does amazing gowns. One of my favorite artistic effects is that of chiaroscuro; the goal is to have figures bathed in light, their surroundings cast into darkness. I use body lights to get my lighting effects in world, and it's always neat to see how putting light in different places can really alter how the world looks - even if it does make me look like an uber fashionista with a ring of lights all around me. It's harder to manage the fading into the background, but I think I pulled off "bathed in light" pretty well.

Crystal

The hair is from Alice's Project, which recently made a switch from the usual hair colors sold in packs that most stores do to what is called "infinity" coloring. Using a separately bought HUD, one can literally color any of her infinity hairs - so you can buy a specific hair set, or do what I did and splurge on the fatpack that has everything. I was really struck by the programming of the fatpack, too - instead of cramming every possible color onto a single screen, you pick the type pack, then the specific hair color set, and then all of the options with tips and everything shows up on the main panel. It took me a little while to get used to - don't sue me but I tend to not read directions - but once I figured out what was going, it was cake to set myself up with blond hair and lighter blond tips, as seen above. The other nice thing about it is that it seriously saves on inventory bloat - a problem for hoarders like myself. In the end, though, I found the Steampunk Unicorn and saved the day, and sometimes that's all a girl needs to go to sleep in peace.

Victory

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Faerie Punque Purple
Eyeliner: Belleza, Neon Eyeliner Fuscia
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Apple Blossom
Hair: Alice Project, Bethany
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Eclectica, Deco Knot
Dress: Kouse's Sanctum, Symphony
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes

Poses: HelaMiyo

Location: Bare Rose Hunt Skyboxen
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment