Thursday, September 25, 2014

Angel in the Basilica

So Close...

I went to the Basilique's last production of Paradise Lost last Sunday, and while I snapped a great deal of pictures I tossed most of them as thoroughly unappealing and I'll link to their Flickr instead if you want to see much better framed and rezzed images of that rather iconic production. One aspect I found both charming and enlightening, though, and which made me wish I could pass the "angel" avatar on to my alts and frame out some other images, comparing the different shapes it can become because it is rigged to the body. I found being among many identical and yet not others completely fascinating, and was sadly unable to enjoy it as fully as I might have otherwise - perhaps I'll be able to frame out something using my main account but the shapes from my myriad alts. In any case, having been handed this iconic form, I simply couldn't resist looking for a dress which would fit her and seeing how it altered the experience from the "nude" basic. This was hampered by the inability to apply any invis layers, but the passel of demos I'd picked up from Penumbra Fashion Week were a true boon, and one of them suited beautifully.

Dance through the Past

Wicca's Wardrobe made a gorgeous full ballgown with a high collar and full body which easily covered my narrow white body. It looks like a very solid black from a distance, but up close you can catch the delicate textures layered on over the darkness - an appropriate metaphor, I felt. It's dual skirted, meaning the top skirt might be found in other looks, but it's nature materially alters when layered over the long, mermaid-style ankle length skirt. My favorite part is the combination of sleevelessness with the huge, well-rigged collar, though. The line mimics the combination of poofy and spare set by the skirt and it left easy room for me to show off double layers of my Izzie's bracelets, where a copy was resized to be armlets. This is part of why I adore editable jewelry; the entire look lost some of it's effect with long, bare arms and the touch of black and white on the bicep cut the line perfectly. These are color changing in the gem, but I stuck with white to continue the general shaded theme. The only other addition to my look is an old, but still loved, hairstyle from Analog Dog. I adore the banding of black through the curls, and gleefully made the golden-blond bob my sole touch of color in the entire ensemble. None of this would be possible without the amazing avatar created by Sion Pearl, however - I love it's true androgyny, it's bare face, and the stubborn arc of its wings which fit so beautifully either dressed or not. The specific angelic avatar was a Paradise Lost exclusive, but you can get a very similar effect at Chariot with the Polly Lo avatar which comes in a number of colors and also serves as a low-lag avatar for events. On me, avatars are invariable "her", but there are a wide variety of other possibilities out there.

Overwhelm


( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Avatar: Basilique, Paradise Lost Angel
Hair: Analog Dog, Bound
Dress: Wicca's Wardrobe, Acantha Gown (Penumbra)
Jewelry: Izzie's, Aarya Bracelet

Pose: Flowey

Location: Basilica Carolina Cathedral
Light Settings: Phototools, Jessica Light 02
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Thank you so much. Stunning pics and a wonderful story :)

    ReplyDelete