Sunday, August 3, 2014

Post Apocalyptic Style

Out Sightseeing

I know my biggest worry when I think about the apocalypse is what I'm going to wear. It's just impossible to face the inevitable end of all humankind without being stylish and styling - though that doesn't mean such paltry matters as whether my shoes and handbag match! I settled on Tableau as the perfect place to face the end, and it proved to be a gorgeous and wonderful  My base is this amazing dress from FATEplay, which I totally didn't make our of some sort of extra uniform from creepy end-of-days militia, or anything silly like that! In all seriousness, I love how the dress looks retrofitted from other clothing; the ragged edges like arms were cut off, the wrinkled t-shirt middle, and an arm for a tube top. It is actually three separate pieces - the tube top, bodice, and skirt all in different parts which fit together beautifully. It comes in a wide variety of colors for mixing and matching, but I went for a straightforward orange and white, like a creamsickle, in the clean version (each comes with a dirty version, too; very rustic, but I'm a cleanly apocafashionista). Released at the same time is the origin of this dress - an all-over jumper suitable for men and women both. I know what I'm wearing next time I need to fix something mechanical!

Painted Boards

I accessorized with a mace purse from Adore & Abhor which serves double duty as clutch and weapon. I figure that in the ends of days a girl can be both self-protective, and fashionable, and this does well at both - love the golden spikes. My hair is a new release from Wasabi Pills, a fantastic herringbone braid over one shoulder. This is a rarer braid, as the pieces laying over each other are much smaller and thinner than in a standard hairstyle, and I love how it lays across one shoulder. The hair tendrils are actually mesh pieces instead of a semi-transparent texture over longer pieces, which is really amazing and adds a great deal of verisimilitude to a casual style. Trying to keep the styling to more found items than mall fair, I added a necklaces from Bleinsen + MaiTai with a scientific bent. I just have this image of a futuristic woman slicing apart an extra table of elements to augment her newest look. And finally, most adorably, are these fishbone shoes from Lassitude & Ennui, which I have struggled to place in a cohesive look since I saw them. I totally adore the simpleness of the sandal which lets the literal herring-bones stand out under gold paint.

It's the Bomb



( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Jean
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Wicked Peach, Bright Lights
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Caroline's, Kitty
Clothing: FATEplay, Moira
Necklace: Bliensen + MaiTai, Periodically Inspired
Bracelet: Imeka, Pearl Bracelet
Purse: Adore & Abhor, Catcall This!
Shoes: Lasstude & Ennui, Kitty sandals

Pose: Don't Freak Out


Location: Tableau
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Cragelica
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment