- Share any of your computer specs (video card, memory, etc..): I got my computer a couple of years ago, on sale. It's a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, with 4gig ram.
- Which viewer do you use most often? I use the Firestorm browser almost exclusively, and the Radegast browser when I need multiple avatars. Radegast is text only, so it uses up a lot less in terms of resources, meaning I can log in the Alphabet alts easily.
- What is your FPS (Frames Per Second) when you have your graphics on ultra? My FPS is around 10 with shadows on and everything. I would love Strawberry's much nicer stats.
- How often does Second Life crash for you? Is it usually just a viewer crash or your whole system crashes? What are you usually doing at the moment of the crash? I crash if I am in a place with a lot of other avatars at some kind of event. Sometimes I would swear that it varies by night as well; one of the event sims I went to recently had only four or five other avatars on the whole sim, but I crashed about five times through the course of trying to shop.
- Do you know of any tips or tricks in the settings that would improve performance? I am a huge fan of Firestorm's Troubleshooting page. Baring that, I'll join the Firestorm chat and ask questions - they've always helped me in the past. When I'm in a big event, I turn off basic shaders and drive down full avatars in favor of avatar imposters.
I'm sad Strawberry's doing Monday Memes more infrequently now - I had such fun with them every week. I've been considering trying a weekly or two-weekly challenge for myself, now that all of them have faded away. I got started regularly blogging thanks to the Color Challenge; probably my favorite, though challenging, series was the Single Word Stories, which really pushed me to focus on the emotive quality of my images. I'm still in the "thinking of it" stage, though.
( More pictures here. )