Strawberry gives us another easy meme, with a bunch of fun (and invasive, and funly invasive) questions to answer. I have to admit, I like these memes a lot because I can post whatever pictures I have handy, and answer the questions, and flail wildly, and get lots of people looking at, well, this post at least. I am simultaneously amused and disturbed by how with this blog, more than any other I've done, I desire feedback and acclaim, to hear people say I make good things, and to get comments. Who would think such a little thing would become so crucially important to me.
- Which was the last sim you visited? (Other than your home) Dark Midday Designs. I was following various Flickr-hints to try to find stockings with different things on each leg. Speaking of - creators, stockings with different things on each leg? Please?
- Does your avatar look like the real you? Yes and no. She looks like I might look thinner, though the fingers and toes are too long. The rest of her proportions I based off of me, including my eyes which are these weird things where the bottom is almost flat and the top is a half moon. My eyebrows are harder to put in place, same with my nose (the shape is right, but I have a dimple on it), and my dimples - all of them require the cooperation of skin or tattoo, and I haven't been able to replicate it.
- Do you wear underwear/panties underneath your clothing when out and about on the grid? Yes, when otherwise I would show. When I have an invisalayer covering, I don't.
- If you won a million linden dollars, what would be the first thing you buy inworld? Land. I'd love to have a sim to play with, to decorate and make into something beautiful.
- Have you ever bought something in SL and then realized afterwards that you had already owned it from before? Absolutely. katat0nik freebies and cheapies were a particular bane. Now I tend to search my inventory when I buy anything other that new releases.
- Have you ever done anything in Second Life that would be considered illegal in real life? Nope, I don't think so, unless you count roleplay - I have a violent, demonic alt.
- If you could go out on a date with any other avatar, who would it be? A date-date, or just to get to know them? I'm not so sure about who, though... I don't really think about strangers that way outside of joking references of celebrities I think seem interesting or neat. I have a few people who I envy for their circle of friends, because they seem really fun and supportive, but that doesn't seem like the same thing.
- Who, in your opinion, was the greatest avatar to ever slive? Man... you don't ask easy questions.For me personally, it's Rowan Scarborough, who brought me to Second Life, but I think in terms of Second Life that AM Radio had some of the biggest splash in terms of what we could do with mood and art in Second Life, and Bryn Oh is bringing some of the most complex and interesting builds in Second Life right now. We almost won't have fashion blogging as we know it without Salome Strangelove, either, which given what I do is influenced by her - however distantly - is significant. One of the things about Second Life, though, is that it is so broad and far-reaching that it's difficult for a single figure to stand out or make much of a splash. Someone else will look at this list and not recognize a single name, while others will be shocked I leave out people who are closer to me in relevance.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done inworld? I got a baby unicorn... for free. Those who know what I'm talking about, know why it's embarrassing. Though I should say, I made an alt do it - the aforementioned demonic one.
- If your avatar had a mind of its own, what do you think it would say to you? So.... where's that fairytale castle in Underhill I deserve?
( More pictures here. )
Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Giselle
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyeshadow 1: Mock, Pink (iced)
Eyeshadow 2: cheLLe, Mix and Match blue
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Eclectica, Gathered Hearts Jewellery
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Orc Inc, Glitterslash
Top: Evie's Closet, Melusine
Corset: Deviance, Eros Jungle Corset (group gift)
Skirt: Mon Tissu, Oxford Pencil Skirt
Stockings: KCs No. 2 Black Lace
Boots: Lassitude & Ennui, Flutter Boots
Location: The Last Stop
Light Settings: Raymond's Sunrise
Water Settings: Glassy
Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only