Thursday, March 3, 2016

Genre: Wild Derby Girls Run Free

Perfect Balance

This Genre look is a combination of bunches of things, and I think it turned out rather well! One of the things I love about Roller Derby is how the looks can combine femininity and aggression into a single, cohesive whole - neither undermines the other in this world of battle. In addition to a bunch of things pulled in from my inventory, I combined pieces from Sn@tch's Roller Rebel Bodysuit - most of the textures on my form - and :{MV}:'s Hellcat Derby rigged mesh pieces into a cohesive whole. It amazes me how seamlessly everything fits together; the textured bodysuit with it's long sleeves and high waisted corset piece tucks beautifully under all three :{MV}: pieces. I used the white bodysuit to balance out the dark red of my :{MV}: top, and balanced the red out with a pair of tights from Stellar and the Anachron helmet in black, red, and white.

Motion Captured


For my hands I combined two other non-Genre pieces: cuffs from katat0nik (I want these in all the colors!) and gloves from Sweet Thing that add other splashes of red in a sea of black and white stars. My nails are a fantastic design from Dark Passions in a lovely dark red as well, perfect for concealing the blood of my enemies! Gorgeous skates from ZoHo round everything out, with the saddle-style color matching the rest of my heavily patterned look and maintaining all those sharp divisions. I most love that the Sn@tch Bodysuit and my Anachron Helmet both had a star theme - it really makes this look like this is a unified look instead of something combined from a bunch of different stores! To make everything just that much more fun, I ended up over at Race City to take pictures in their skate park. One piece of bliss - the sim was rezz-ok, so I could pose myself sliding along metal bars. It's a lovely build high in the sky with a lot of interesting skating setups pot pose against - or even, gods forbid, skate on!

Take Flight

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Alice
Helmet: Anachron, Rink Rash Helmet (Genre)
Eyes: .:Soul:., Oculos Eyes
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Lips
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Body: SLink, Body, Hands & High Feet
Nails: Dark Passions, Roller Queen (Genre)
Cuffs: katat0nik, Lace Cuffs
Gloves: Sweet Thing, Derby Girl Gloves
Body Suit/Socks/Kneepads: Sn@tch, Roller Rebel Bodysuit (Genre)
Collar/Shirt/Skirt: :{MV}:, Hellcat Derby (Genre)
Stockings: Stellar, In Bloom Tights
Shoes: ZoHo, Doc Skates (Genre)

Poses: Grafica
Location: Race City
Windlight Settings: Places, Cornfield

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment