Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Cosmetics Faire: The Light Eternal

Image Description: Torso shot of a woman looking off into the distance, her hand shielding her eyes.

There are only a couple of days left to Cosmetics Faire and the offerings are awesome! In addition to lovely things for the face, there's also hair, eyes, even nails to delight. For example, my hair is from Pink Hustler and is available in a ton of colors with a special Ice HUD to purchase as an add on. I am a huge fan of HUD driven hair colors, especially when fades are included - and in addition to solid colors, Pink Hustler's HUDs have some glorious and fun fades. The hair itself is well-rigged and interesting, with fun mesh hair strands and a natural flow of hair around the pig tail piece. I'm especially fond of the side part bang with it's delicate edging; it frames my face beautifully and actually looks like something I'd do offline! I chose a pale color to contrast with the very dark skin I'm wearing so I can show off NOX.'s metallic freckles. Available in silver and gold, and for the cheeks, the full face, and the full body, these add a bit of sparkle to the speckles. They come with Omega and Catwa appliers, but I'm showing them off in tattoo form on the basic body. I love the uneven placement, the rough edges, and the effect of total coverage - I'm not a freckle person in general, but I have to admit full body rainbow freckles are very appealing!


Image Description: Close up of a woman with her hands rising to cover her face; the focus is on a letter ont he desk behind her.

I'm not an eye changer in general, but {S0NG}'s eyes are lovely, clear and bright without crossing that narrow line to cartoonish. She has a bunch of eyes in typical shades of blue, green, and brown - including the ocean eyes I'm showing here, which are a lovely stormy teal - in addition to some more unusual colors like violet and red (called vamp). The highlighting is also done well - clear and slightly teal in color. They're unrigged, but I found them easy to enlarge for my abnormally large eyes and they fit like a {S0NG}. The final touch to my look are some subtle and sweet nails from a long time favorite, Dark Passions. Pulling inspiration from the two Pantone colors of the year, I was particularly struck by the fishnet french manicures - especially the one I'm showing here with black as the tip-shade with rose quarts and serenity mixed together underneath. There are nails available with just those two colors together as well as ones with white tips - a pastel dream! They come for Maitreya, SLink, and Omega and you can buy either a fatpack of all three types of appliers or a type of applier independently for less. Make sure to come by Cosmetics Faire to check everything out before it closes - there is some glorious items for you to enjoy!

Image Description: Full body shot of a woman looking down out of frame; behind her is a staircase up nearby and a bridge in the distance to a pillar over the water behind her.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Fallen Gods, Materica - Black Marble
Freckles: NOX., Metallic Freckles (Cosmetics Faire)
Hair: Pink Hustler, 8131 (Cosmetics Faire)
Eyes: {S0NG}, Nell (Cosmetics Faire)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Fruitilicious Gloss
Wings: Curio Obscura, Li'l Angel Wings
Necklace: Eclectica, Scarab Neckpiece
Body: SLink, Hands, Feet
Nails: Dark Passions, Sweet Serenity (Cosmetics Faire)
Outfit: Wishbox, Morgan

Poses: An Lar
Location: Aer, Lux Aeterna
Windlight Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment