Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dream a Little Dream

Sunbathing

Oneword's "Dream" end on the fifteenth, disappearing like mist at awakening along with all of it's lovely items. I came to this event late - having gotten severely behind on my events! - but I'm very glad I took a few moments to pick up some of the evocative offerings. My dress, for example, is from Moon Amore and is a simple, lovely wrap dress with texture changing in the top and bottom. There are two packs to pick up - one light and the other dark - and each have variations on the deep cut bodice and high, flyaway skirt. I was drawn to the peaches and cream combination and really enjoyed the ruffled texturing of the skirt, which is lined inside as well. The skirt retexture does include the bits of cream below the waist, which makes mixing and matching the tops and bottoms a touch more complicated. My favorite effect on the whole dress was the back texture, though - a delicate wickerwork spiral and hanging beads on each side - reminiscent of an Ojibwe Dream Catcher without replicating it. My other Dreamy accessory is my eyeshadow - a lovely cream offered up by Wicked Peach in a set of several dual colored options. The colors are clear and bright without being overpowering, a wonderful complement to the delight of dreams.

Star Catchers

I rounded out my outfit with some lovely accessories, varying the intensity of the colors while trying to remain within a similar hue. My silvery snow crown from Bliensen + MaiTai calls up the cream of the bodice and my wings, a frosty counterpoint to the warmer oranges I'll add. I love the shape of it as well - arching up above the head with delicate snowflakes floating around each angled, sharp piece. My jewelry, a release from Maxi Gossamer at the Uber event, draws from the warmer edge of my iced peach outfit, a bright orange and softer, gold-edged peach set in silver - the silver a callback to all of the white I'm wearing as well. The heavy squares and circles also stand in contrast to the feather-light flow of my dress and the sharp triangles of my crown; I'm a fan of high contrasts in color and shape. While the colors of my jewelry might seem too bright in isolation, I echo them in my lovely Cila shoes set with stars. The shoe part is still a pale peach, but the star is gold incarnate and bright enough to balance out my bright jewelry. I love the anklet of stars connected to it as well, and the smooth transition from shoe to platform that makes the effect work. I finished my whole look with a casual, breezy updo from Ploom with loosely gathered loops of hair up in pigtails. The updo quality, with it's curving bangs, whispers of elegance even while the waves of hair over my shoulders laugh casually.

Dreamland

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Ploom, 5 More Minutes
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: {Wicked} Peach, I Dream In Colors (Oneword)
Lipstick: Mock, Fruitilicious Gloss
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Jewelry: Maxi Gossamer, Selene (Uber)
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: La Boheme, Winter Berries White
Clothes: :Moon Amore:, Dreams Dress (Oneword)
Shoes: Cila, My Baby Star Shoes

Pose: !bang

Location: Roche
Light Settings: Phototools, Lo Light 04
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment