Friday, November 7, 2014

How NOT to Get Your Links on my Blog

Image Description: Well lit woman in a teal dress in front of the sihouette of a bridge with a windmill at the end.

I am always amazed at what people will put on other people's blogs.

On my fashion-centric posts, I'll occasionally land a comment, and I like to catch them early and send in a thank you since they're almost always from creators, but this time apparently someone felt the need to let me know he's boycotting me, and get in a few links to his blog - and his AOL profile - at the same time.

I'm not a huge fan of being peoples' link farms, and so I delete with prejudice (mark as spam) but I thought you good people of my blog who love the drama would like to know the quality of men I drive to comment.

Image Description: WOman in a teal dress with rainbow hair floating in front of the bottom part of a lighthouse.

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

Here's the hysterical part of this comment - he clearly believes he is an intelligent man, however his commenting on my blog implies strongly otherwise. He is capable of using grammar, which is a relief, but he is seemingly incapable of assessing actual events in the world most of us share, which is depressing (for him). The decision to not form a relationship with a person who mistreats one is rational, however generalizing to at least 158.6 million people indicates neither a sense of proportion, nor scientific or logical cognitive ability. Combine this with complaining to an identified feminist on her home turf, and I'm afraid the balance is tipping toward him not meeting the "must be at least this smart to converse" standard.

Image Description: Woman with rainbow hair and a teal outfit floating in midair before a mushroom shaped home on an island.

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

Let's start applying this to me, and then generalize - just for fun! I am definitely immature; a decent fart joke can usually get me going, and some of my favorite jokes are of the "How do you know an elephant is in your refrigerator*" variety - so mea culpa. Not willing to take the selfish, though; that's just foolish-talk. I have my arrogant moments, right now for instance, but in general arrogance would get in the way of me doing my job or liking myself, so I tend to avoid it unless the targets come to me and ask for feedback ever so nicely, as this gentleman did.

Self-centered is one of those terms that is functionally meaningless, as by definition most of us know our own narrow perspective and perhaps the perspectives others let us share now and then. Comparing levels of self-centeredness often says as much about the assessor as the subject. In terms of mentally unstable, I'd argue I'm actually the opposite - able to weather the instability of others with a certain amount of grace and flow with my own typical moodiness with understanding, of not poise.

I'm hella irresponsible, though. Hand me a pile of paperwork that needs to be done, one or two pages will get done and the rest will be a nest for me and my cat. Me and paperwork does not get along. I'm also a whole lot more chaste than I'd prefer! It's been years, and semi-frequently bits of me try to jump in the unchasteness wagon without success. I really need to get back to working on that again... life has been busy, though!

As for generalizing... he's talking about 158.6 million people, all of them humans; generalization is highly irresponsible and, dare I say it, disgusting~!

Image Description: Close up of legs in teal and white heels in front of a wooden fence with hearts carved into the slats.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!


He appears in the final paragraph to get lost - or perhaps phrase his invitation to his den of wisdom poorly, so I'm afraid I have to remove 0.25 points of grammar based on general unintelligibility. Remember, ladies and gentlemen, communicating clearly is the hallmark of good grammar!

I also feel the need to point out that boycotting half of the human population is troubling on the face of it - both for the equating of that many people with a product or service (which might be boycotted in the traditional sense of the word) and because he commented on my blog, and thus is not boycotting US women at all! I really hope he practices his boycotting so that he can boycott me more successfully. Good luck American man! I hope you succeed in your dreams.

Just as a side note, though, you should avoid hospitals, sports, computers, schools, science, religion, food, the arts, places of business, and this blog as all of them involve with or are supported by women. Good luck!

Image Description: Woman in teal dress with rainbow hair in a dive in front of a blue and teal building.

*Footprints in the butter.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzies, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Olive, the Izzy II Hai
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Wings: Curio Obscura, Li'l Angel Wings
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: Orc Inc, Glitterslash
Clothing: Indyra, Celeste
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Spin Spin Sugar

Pose: Flowey

Location: Verdigris
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY Rose-tinted - modified blue
Water Settings:

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment