Monday, July 9, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 28: Astronaut Blue

Cherry Blossoms and Snow

Astronaut Blue was difficult, and briefly I considered going more astronauty before I opened this outfit and decided it was the one, but I do love the shade. The difficulty was more in not repeating an outfit, which I try to not do for pictures, at least. This gown from Dilly Dolls was a remake of an older gown and has been in my inventory for ages, but I love it - so here you are! The hair is new, though, from Truth and on sale (yay sales~!), and the jewelry is also an old inventory-find from Eclectica that I picked up ages ago, likely on 60$L Weekends. I know, I know, I'm cheap, but I have good taste! I layered Adam n Eve cosmetic details over my staple Mock cosmetics for double the effect - isn't that lip heart simply the cutest thing ever? I now wonder how I could have ever done without both cosmetics and my eyelashes. I wanted to switch over to mesh lashes, but my eyes are simply too oddly shaped (I based them on my offline eyes) to fit most places. I keep hoping some mesh eyelashes will come out that are sectional, so I can edit them to fit my own curves. My face is one of the features I prefer to not change; I worked hard to base it on myself, and when I look at it I see myself (but thinner and prettier!).

Winter Love

Earlier in the week I made a more-serious-than-usual set of paragraphs in a post, and I was thinking about why I posted them here instead of at my more-serious-than-this-blog. There is an aspect to online debates about the abuse and harassment women receive online which causes me deep and abiding pain. I have gotten less than many, being largely in female-dominated areas and with a gender-neutral name, but I'm far to aware of my own vulnerability to it, and I don't know if I would react with as much grace as Watson and Sarkeesian have. Counterbalancing something that painful with pretty pictures of myself in beautiful places calms me in a way I can't easily put into words; it reminds me that there is hope and beauty int he world, despite the destructive actions of some of the humans among us. I know that for many it would undercut the message, but for me it's central to my being able to type about those issues - that I can balance the disturbing with the reassuring in my own place.

Fresh of the Boat

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Less of a Blues Girl
Lipstick: Mock, Micare LipGlimmer - Hypoxia
Lipheart: Adam n Eve, Lip Strip Heart Blue
Hair: Truth, Cynthia (Sale Item at Truth District)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Eclectica, Rococco - cobalt
Dress: Dilly Dolls, Amaranth II Blue
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Freddi Boots - Lace

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Leroy
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment