Friday, March 6, 2015

Fit for a Princess: A Red Red Rose

A Red Red Rose by Robert Burns

O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

O my Luve's like a red, red rose

Fit for a Princess is upon us again, with beauties raining down from above like dew! While I was taking this set of pictures, the poem by Robert Burns kept going through my head - and I simply couldn't resist a poetic flourish from a pen far sweeter than my own.

My gorgeous, ruffly, dress is a Fit for a Princess release from The Princess Shoppe; the skirt comes in eight different colors including black and brown, and the ruffles are simply to die for. They're textured on all sides, so there isn't a bad angle to take when photographing or wearing in the wild; I know it raises the cost to cover all the angles, but when trying for tricky shots, it's a blessing to not have to work around an invisible inner sleeve! The dress is also well rigged, even in the sometimes difficult shoulder and elbow areas, but it is extremely short, so remember to pack extra panties or a nice pair of tights! I love the detailing on the corset as well, complete with lacing and it's own subtle fringe, and the sleeve fall long but wide, which makes them fit perfectly around my hands with no clipping. The subtle finish of the mesh is echoed in the texture, which looks deceptively simple. The cream top has a floral shadow across it, which adds texture and interest without becoming over-wrought. The corset has a leather feel to it, with a shadowed emboss along the top edge of the bodice and perfectly placed seams. The skirt seems like it's a single color from a distance, but up close the pinstripe pattern is visible in a slightly lighter version of each color; it adds a flare to this Princess Shoppe dress that I really enjoyed.

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve!

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

All those ruffles might make it hard for jewelry to stand out, but Cae was up to the challenge. A necklace, earring, and crown combo - like other Cae jewelry, each section including the metal is color changable via a HUD. I adore the line of the crown and the way it hugs my head; the design is so simple and yet elegant, and it's set off well by the dangling teardrops of the earrings and necklaces.I was especially appreciative of the size - large enough to hang over the ruffles of my dress and still stand out. When I showed this look to a friend, she actually thought they were a single piece and not a combination of awesome dress from The Princess Shoppe and gorgeous jewelry from Cae. I paired my whole look with a gacha win from NSP Florals. I was hoping for a deep red, but sadly those were all rares! There are enough flowers in the set that one can get a variety of flowers to match just about every outfit - including this lovely dull rose shade. I wanted something slim and simple to stand up to the rest of my blooming outfit, and this long stemmed rose definitely fit the bill.

I added a set of heels from .aisling. to my whole look - not available at Fit for a Princess, but perfect for a flowery look. I loved the ruffles of the petals along the edge of the heel, and felt like it echoed the ruffles of the blouse and skirt of my Princess Shoppe dress. The metalwork was also an attraction - lovely swooping curves like the stems and leaves of a living rose, and color changeable between five colors. I picked up a fatpack and have barely taken them off my feet since I bought them at the end of February!

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

I tucked into the petals of my .aisling. slippers another gem, a anklet from Sax Shepherd Designs which will be a free gift from 21 Shoe this month - a new promotion for their group. There will be one a month, some special additional accessory from one of the 21 Shoe creators. The group is free to join right now, but I have heard on the grapevine that might no longer be the case come April - so jump in fast and wait for the glorious accessories to fall out of the notices and into your inventory!

One final announcement for the future - this time Skin Faire instead of 21 Shoe - .:Soul:. is releasing the awesome mouth I'm wearing in these pictures at the faire. In order to sell things so that people will be added to the redelivery database and to ease gift giving, Charlie has set it up so that you can purchase a gift card for a specific item at the faire, and then redeem it on any sim which allows scripts, which unfortunately won't include the Skin Faire sims. You can also pass the gift card to another person before redeeming it, which makes gift giving a breeze! I'll follow up with a more expansive post on how it will work, but this is a little note to prep anyone whose looking at my mouth and saying, "I want some of that!"

That's newly sprung in June

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve!
And fare-thee-weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Ploom, Zumah
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lips: .:Soul:., Kissers (Preview)
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Jewelry: Cae, Regal (Fit for a Princess)
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: ZOZ, Urban Gold
Flower: NSP Florals, Single Long Stem Rose (Fit for a Princess: Gacha)
Outfit: The Princess Shoppe, Princess Jemina Dress (Fit for a Princess)
Panties: katat0nik, Sweet Tart
Shoes: Aisling, Enchanted Roses Heels

Pose: !bang

Location: Tillicum Island
Light Settings: Phototools, Got It Light
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment