Sunday, December 28, 2014

CHALLENGE: Avatar in a Box

Sometimes I Feel Boxed In

Vanessa Blaylock does Challenges on Friday (yes, I know it's Sunday - I found out about it on Saturday from the lovely Strawbery Singh and it took me a while to think of my idea) and this one is based off of a rather disturbing image from Hugh Kretschmer that imagines fashion avatars dressed and ready, yet in a packing box. It took me a while to go from that image, to Strawberry's adorable packing crate of doom and cuteness, to my own rather surreal imagining. I had initially considered making it out of images on boxes, but once I put myself inside of the boxes I realized it looked rather neat that way, especially with the shadow of the box below.

Sometimes boxes can be very small, though, and other times they can be vast and yet still confining.

2 comments: