Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ICHP: Fall into Spring

Fall Overgrowth

This gorgeous dress is one of the recent releases from Sublime Shroud Kreations, a store run by a dear friend of mine (which means freebies~!). I adore this dress, though, from the layered front which cascades into three layers, to the delicately detailed bodice with lacing up the back, to the adorable bows on the hips holding on the front tucks and the back mini-bustle. It's cut low and square in front, as befits a French Confection, and all of the prim parts are fully modifyable. This came in handy when I needed to make the skirt shorter - yes, ladies and gentlemen, you know how much I love this dress because I resized the skirt manually to be shorter and thus fit me better. As you can see, it was time well invested though. The only flaw I saw, and this is a teeny one, is some slight imperfections under the arms along the seams, but my understanding is that the area is a very difficult one for shading.

The jewelry is an adorable wire and gem set from Eclectica, which comes with a medium hanging necklace, earrings, a bracelet, and a ring. I love the delicate patterning of the wire around the stone on this one (best visible on the bottom picture) mimicking the petals of a rose. It's the kind of necklace I'd actually love to find offline, but that I think would be prohibitively expensive! At least in Second Life I can afford it.

Reflected

The hair is another new release, from Secrets Hair, and it's another of their amazing combinations of rigged mesh and flexible prim. it's long and full, with the movement that flexi gives it too look natural while still hugging the torso so that you don't end up with hair clipping into your body. One interesting effect with this hair is that under certain lights the rigged part behaves very differently from the flexi - I considered trying for some shots to show it off, and I may revisit that with an outfit that suits it. It's a very neat effect.

Finally, these gorgeous shoes are a recent release from Felicity; if you want to try them out, the hot pink version of them are hidden as part of the Finding FabFree Hunt.You're actually looking for a five, so it's not that difficult in most places (though some of the stops are evil!). Felicity's skin-tinting hud is one of my favorites; you edit it and use the built-in texture changer to tint it, then set the color on the skin. She has a similar toenail tinting system, which means the effects can match virtually anything - in this case I pulled dark green form the dress to tint my toes. It also comes with a built in AO and the clickity-clack sounds of the heels if that's to your taste! I fly in Second Life a lot, so I tend to turn that off.

Butterfly Flight

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, Spring - Margarita
Blush: Honey Kitty, cheeks01
Lipstick: Acid & Mala, Nude Lips - Pale 20
Hair: Secret Hair, Cornelia (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Eclectica, Nouveau Rose - blush
Dress: Sublime Shroud Kreations, The Parisian - Spring (promotional item)
Shoes: Felicity, Irina Stilettos (promotional item)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Bonne Chance
Light Settings: CalWL
Water Settings: TOR, Coral reef

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment