Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Genre: Life's Tragedy

Life's Tragedy by Paul Laurence Dunbar

Arriving on Shore

It may be misery not to sing at all,
And to go silent through the brimming day;
It may be misery never to be loved,
But deeper griefs than these beset the way.

Genre this time is about Ancient Worlds - a whole slew of options, from Greece to Egypt, and today I'm a fashionable woman from Greece sporting the latest in Egyptian cosmetics and jewelry. My chiton is created by Luminary, and I chose a particularly bright gold because the hue and texture was incredibly attractive to me - it looked luminous and liquid, with bits of dull and bright intermingling pleasantly. The shoulders are lovely and rippled, and so is the skirt - falling in long, loose folds.

Blessings of Plenty

To sing the perfect song,
And by a half-tone lost the key,
There the potent sorrow, there the grief,
The pale, sad staring of Life's Tragedy.

I paired it with a heavy pendant from Eclectica in lapis lazuli and gold. I am a fan of scarab beetles - a symbol rooted in ancient Egypt - for a number of reasons, including it's connection with the sun and transformation. The winged version Eclectica created for this pendant is gorgeous, the wings inspired by traditional jewelry without copying it. My only, selfish wish would be for a wider variety of colors and the ability to mix and match - I am a spoiled fairy, I know, but I have daydreams of rainbow scarabs dancing in my head.

The earrings, which are similar but from a different hand, come from Sax Shepherd Designs and offer a subtle counterpoint to Eclectica's dynamic winged sun roller.

Sandy Days

To have come near to the perfect love,
Not the hot passion of untempered youth,
But that which lies aside its vanity,
And gives, for thy trusting worship, truth.

I pulled up my chiton for a few fragile moments to show off these amazing sandals from Bliensen + MaiTai. I adore the fire feathers hanging down from the anklets and lovely, double layered bands over the feet. They are really quite charming and fun, and slip on perfectly over SLink's flat feet. The twine along the front is a particularly nice touch - I love how it's slightly uneven and imperfect, something which is more difficult than perfection in a world like Second Life.

Sun and Stars

This, this indeed is to be accursed,
For if we mortals love, or if we sing,
We count our joys not by what we have,
But by what kept us from that perfect thing.

And finally my poses are all a release from Genre as well - a gorgeous statuesque set from ht studio. Half of them are shown with men and half of them with women, but I found all of them worked well with my entirely female body. Despite seeming very similar at first, there is a variety to the arm and leg placement which is really quite pleasant. In another skin, I could be holding sheaves of stone wheat and standing in an arched niche.

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Ploom, Moxie
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Earrings: Sax Shepherd Designs, Priest of Khepri
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Zed Sensations, Egyptian Eyeliner
Lipstick: Buzz, Gem Lips
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Glamour Silk
Jewelry: Eclectica: Scarab Neckpiece (Genre)
Clothes: Luminary, Lucia (Genre)
Shoes: Bliensen + MaiTai, Inkasisa (Genre)

Pose: ht studio (Genre)

Location: Melita Insula
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Baskaholic
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment