Thursday, December 4, 2014

Learning About Winter

Lost in Wonderland

As I've covered before, Junbug is taking part in Do it in a Dress (her donations page is here), an Australian campaign to finance girls going to school in Sierra Leone. She's already sending three girls, and has upped the goal to cover a fourth one - that's already a thousand dollars raised, and two hundred more to go to meet the final goal! One hundred percent of the proceeds for her schoolgirl dresses are going to the cause, and I like how transparent she's being with the money - you can check the in world totals at her store and do some math if you want to make sure things add up!

We have until the 7th of December, to fund education for four girls, and I'm sure we can do it! If you end up taking pictures in her lovely gowns, feel free to drop them by the Flickr Group she made for the campaign! I picked up a few for me, and a few more for my alts.

Knock Knee-ed

A couple of other notes... my hair is from the fantastic Clawtooth, who lured me into his glory with a sale and left me reeling and quite a bit more vintage. One of the things I adore about sales is that they encourage me to branch out and try new things; the pocketbook of a fashionista runs ever low. This hair in particular is so fun, sweet, and unusual - I love the enormous curl and the bow is fantastic and floppy and soft, and best of all it can be edited separately, so you can tint it to match all your outfits! My nails are a fantastic free gift from Altair currently under the tree - a sweet flower texture in a variety of colors. My nail folder is growing out of control, and I blame creators. Stop being so talented! And finally, speaking of talented, my boots are an adorable, HUD textured set from The Secret Store, currently being sold at Collabor88. The cuff is removable, which is awesome, and the rest of the shoe is broken up into three sections, each of which can be tinted separately. I love stuff which allows for that degree of customization; in addition to a variety of colors, there are also some fun textures which can be used to make your boots more unique. I splurged on the fatpack (see again, low pocketbook!), so expect to see these in the future!

Living Mountains


( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Clawtooth, A Little Lamb
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf (We Love RP)
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyeliner: cheLLe, Cleo Called
Lipstick: Mock, Fruitilicious Gloss
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Jewelry: Bliensen + MaiTai, Dewdrop
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Altair, Floral (Gift)
Clothes: Junbug, Vintage School Dress
Shoes: The Secret Store, Flamel Boots (Collabor88)

Pose: Exposeur

Location: Winter [Imagination]
Light Settings: TOR, DUSK Vision of something
Water Settings: Nam's Beach Scene

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment