Monday, October 14, 2013

MadPea Hunt Guide: Dark Dimension

Final Church

From October 7th to November , MadPea is hosting a new hunt - Dark Dimension. There is a blogpost on the MadPea Blog covering the prizes both for the main hunt and for the additional mini hunt. You begin on Death Row Island, a prison island converted to a super mall that somehow didn't eradicate the darkness left behind - people from the mall keep vanishing, and no one knows why to to where. 


At the landing point, you will find a large MadPea building; if you pay it 150L and it gives you a HUD to get yourself started. Like many MadPea Hunts, you have to activate the HUD before you can begin the hunt proper, and like those hunts this is a valuable part of building the story that the game is really about. I'll be including text from various MadPea sources in this post, and adding in comments of my own in italics like this; I will also be putting in secondary hints for each of the hidden items and the secondary hunt as well. My goal is to tell the full MadPea story, as well as guide fellow hunters who may struggle with some of the logical leaps required. Most important is to read the text in your Local Chat, which I will reproduce here. 

Welcome to the Dark Dimension interactive hunt by Madpea Productions. We begin our story here at the DRD Shopping Mall. You have been called in to investigate strange occurences that are causing people to leave and shop elsewhere. The investors of the mall are not happy and you have been hired by their company to find out what is going on. Could it be foul play or is there a greater mystery to solve?  You should begin by talking to the people around this place to get the full story. Good luck, and don't worry... You're not alone.

The game starts here: Death Row (130,130,79)

Look around for people to talk to - you talk to them by clicking on them, and there will be sounds in local chat as well as text printed there.

Our Boss

Business Woman: There you are, it's about time you arrived! Our company has invested thousands of dollars into this shopping mall and I'll be damned if we have another setback! Find out what the hell is going on here and save this project!

After getting chastised by the business woman, leave the store you're standing in and head down the hill to the small town by the shore. As an investigator, it's important to get the full story from everyone you can find, so look for mesh people to "talk to" via clicking. Each of them will flesh out the basis of the story we will be learning throughout the hunt. 

Goth Girl: Isn't this place so cool! I think it's awesome they are building a shopping mall on the ruins of an old prison complex.  I even heard this place is haunted and during the construction some of the workers dissapeared and never returned to work.

Girl: This place gives me goosebumps! What idiot thought it would be a good idea to build a mall here? I don't exactly think of prison bars and electric chairs when I go to buy an expensive handbag! There is rumors of people vanishing and I don't blame them one bit. I'm getting out of here too!

As you move through the town, you might hear the sound of a clock ticking; it's loudest near a man who has a terrifying tale to tell, and then fades as you move away.

Business Man: I was stocking the shelves at night with Tracy. Suddenly, this giant black cloud of smoke rushed into the store from out of nowhere! I ran into the backroom and could hear Tracy screaming, but I was too scared to save her. When the cloud was gone Tracy had vanished...it was like she had been erased!

Man: No one really knows what happened to this abandoned prison. Records say it was built and went unused for several years then forgotten about. Eventually the government shut it down and auctioned the land. It was purchased by some company to turn into this crazy shopping mall.

Keep looking along the edge where the ruins were, and the story becomes even darker.

Priest in Torment

Priest: I was the prison priest, those poor men were tortured and slaughtered by the sadistic warden! I heard their cries, but did nothing to stop him and now they come for me. Their spirits are trapped in the dark dimension, a void between this life and the next. Take these files... the only evidence I have. Read them to track down their spirits and discover where their bones were hidden by the warden. Bury them in the holy cemetary and give them peace. However, be careful... three of the men, more ruthless and evil than the rest were transformed into demons. They command the rest of the men as their slaves to carry out their revenge and erase people from existence! They will try to... AHHHHH! HURRY... GO... NOW!

Beginning HUD Appearance

And so we have our marching orders - spirits and bones; we're hunting for spirits and bones. The locations of the spirits are gotten by clicking on the folders, and then finding the spirits will lead one to the bones - as the Priest told us. Each will also flesh out the life and death of a prisoner, bringing us into their worlds. You can either do all of the spirits, and then all of the remains, or do a single person at a time - both methods work.

Spirit Remains

The spirits portion of the hunt takes place in various stores across the grid, each of them with a glowing skull inside of them. The remains portion of the hunt are all at the Death Row sim, but divided between the Prison Area within the store, and the Town Area below the store. It is an incredibly long walk between the two, which is why I included links and why you might want to divide up your hunting to each area if you can. While most of the buildings are stores, they can also have bones hidden around them, which makes the hiding ground immense. Make sure to walk all around and keep track of little decorated areas - many of those will lead you right to the remains of each prisoner.

1. Prisoner 191356: Morris Whitfield, age 38, charged for multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon. He was a retired plastic surgeon that specialized in facial scars. The more surgeries he performed the more he thought of his patients as a canvas for his expert craft. Eventually he became obsessed and carved their faces into grotesque works of art. He started by slicing their mouths wider and sewing their eyelids back so they always left looking amazed with a big smile on their face. His clients were horrified he performed surgery they did not ask for and were scarred for life. He argues he was just making the world a more beautiful place.

Teleport to: Depraved Nation (127,165,28)
Hint: Pass the clothes to find a smile so broad it's cut into your face.

Bury... our... bones...

Oh my...your face is just too unbearable to look at. Have you ever looked into plastic surgery? I could have given you a makeover that would bring tears to your eyes! Oh, your looking for my remains. The demons are not going to like that, but if you promise to leave I will tell you. In my final moments I was beaten to death against the wall of a church and left as food for the crows. There, now go! Don't come back unless you have a paper bag over you head!
Hint: Don't retrace your steps; avoid the doomed priest. Check around corners - the second church is hidden well.

You found the remains of Morris Whitfield! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

2. Prisoner 293328: Wade Delaney, age 27, charged with arson. As a devoted Christian he worshipped the lord and prayed at church every Sunday. However, an adult bookstore had just opened up down the street and he was not happy. To him a place like that was the devil's playhouse and a factory of sin! He thought he could just ignore it and let the sinners go to hell. That was until he came home early from work one night and found his loving wife thrusting a hot pink vibrator between her legs and shouting to god. Late that evening Police found him cheering with an empty gasoline tank outside the adult bookstore as it burned to the ground.

Teleport to: Boudoir (123,144,21)
Hint: This prisoner is haunted by what he did, but not so much he isn't in the Halloween spirit.

Help... us...

What did I do to deserve being trapped in this dark dimension? I didn't hurt anyone and yet the devil was allowed to possess my wife and bring sin into our home. Instead of paying for my crime the devil's servants found me and took their revenge. Now I serve demons of hell as their lap dog and heel at their every command! Please...help release me from this torment. Look for my remains near the prison's source of water. The corrupted guards held me underwater there until I drowned to death.
Hint: You have to get more than your feet wet.

You found the remains of Wade Delaney! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

3. Prisoner 384982: Seth Rosales, age 28, charged with vandalism of federal property. He was a famous tattoo artist that had a celtic knot emblazoned across his muscular torso. One day a mailman caught him holding a water hose inside a public mailbox and trying to soak the mail inside. Though he claims he was only trying to clean the bird droppings off it. After a careful review of the damaged mail, a taboo thank you card meant for his mistress was found accidently addressed to his mother who lives on the same street. The card was undamaged and still delivered. His mother calls him in prison every so often and asks to speak with "Spanky."

Teleport to: White Widow II (97,222,34)
Hint: Eragon would have loved this guy.

Help... us...

I never should have put that damn water hose in the mailbox. I didn't know it was federal property! I was just trying to smear a little ink. All I accomplished was being the laughing stock of cell block B. Have you come to laugh at me too? No, you want something from me. The prison guards were ruthless and sewed me shut inside one of the prison beds. I became their human punching bag and was forced to take every blow as I heard my bones snap and break. The bed is still in the prison to this day.
Hint: Up on the hill, people suffer in the hospital wing.

You found the remains of Seth Rosales! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.


4. Prisoner 492094: Antonio Stark, age 42, charged with multiple counts of grand larceny. With cat like reflexes and feline grace he scaled the tallest buildings and robbed the most expensive jewelry stores. Even the most advanced security systems were no match for him. However, even the best criminal masterminds screw up eventually. While on a heist at the National Museum his stomach started grumbling. Must have been those 3 chili dogs he had for lunch. As he slowly snuck across the museum floor he ripped several tiny farts until he found what he came for. Just as he reached for it his belly rumbled and out came the loudest fart ever heard in such a quiet building. It was so loud it rattled the glass cases and triggered the security alarm. When the police threw the cuffs on him they mentioned they knew something smelled funny.

Teleport to: Tableau (214,179,23)
Hint: Tick tock goes the clock.

We... will erase you too...

Let me tell you something. Crime does not pay. Sure, you may be living the high life at first and think you will never get caught. You got the money, the sex, the drugs, and then all it takes to ruin your crime spree is 3 unsatisfying chili dogs. Don't make the same mistake I did, leave off the chili. So you want to know where my remains are? Well, let's just say my last moments were spent watching a speeding freight train come right at me. It wasn't pretty.
Hint: Damsels aren't the only ones tied to the tracks.

You found the remains of Antonio Stark! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

5. Prisoner 582012: Larry Dillard "Looney", age 36, charged with multiple counts of kidnapping. He grew up as an only child and his family was very poor. His favorite possession growing up was a stuffed bunny he called Mr. Bunbun that he cherished even as a teenager. His mother thought such a stupid toy was having a negative influence on his life and tore it limb from limb in front of his face and threw the pieces in the trash. He never saw Mr. Bunbun again and it drove him mad to the point of insanity. Fear grew inside his heart and clouded his judgement. By seducing children at the carnival with sweet treats and then kidnapping them, he tore their families apart. They would feel the same fear he felt losing what they loved the most.

Teleport to: Hanalei (38,249,2502)
Hint: Sweet dreams are made of this... airy and twirly.

I'm... watching you...

Hahaha...we finally meet. So your the fool I have been hearing so much about. Well you can stop your little conquest here because I will never tell you where my remains are. That's right, you don't have anything to go on! The warden may have been a sick and twisted man, but thanks to him I have become a powerful demon. With the help of my brothers I will kidnap and erase the children of the world out of existence and everyone will fear our power! It's so much easier then driving an ice cream truck around to lure children out of their homes. Don't worry Mr. Bunbun, I will avenge you!
Hint: All the kids scream for ice cream.

You found the remains of Larry Dillard! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

6. Prisoner 620482: Jimmy Fulton, age 23, charged with the sale and distribution of marijuana. He owned a popular pumpkin patch just outside town and many locals came to get ripe pumpkins for decorating. It was a bit suspicious that he was selling a small section of pumpkins only to certain patrons. So the police chief went with his daughter to go pick out one of those pumpkins. Immediately she was stopped by him that she could not have that pumpkin because it was not for sale. However, the police chief argued he had seen other patrons purchase from this section of pumpkins and he is being discriminative. They began to yell back and forth getting louder and ignoring the girl. Finally she screamed and threw the pumpkin to the ground smashing it into several pieces as a cloud of white powder blew up in her face. Inside was the largest bag of cocaine the police chief had ever seen. Busted.

Teleport to: Scarlite (156,146,22)
Hint: You want the store to the south. Once inside, the hint is straightforward.

Bury... our... bones...

I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for that meddling girl coming into my patch and blowing my whole operation. What is so bad about cocaine anyway? It makes people feel good and feel on top of the world! I hear your interested in finding my remains. Some big plan to release us from our servitude to the demons. You got guts that's for sure. Wish I could help you, but I was blindfolded when I was buried alive by the warden. Although I did hear the sounds of creaking planks and crashing waves.
Hint: Erosion has undermined the grave, but the bones stayed above water.

You found the remains of Jimmy Fulton! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

7. Tyrone Rowland, age 34, charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter. Once known as the greatest magician alive. He was the only magician alive to perform the difficult feat of sawing two men in half at the same time while blindfolded. He tested the blades first by sawing a white tree in half with them. The timing of the insertion of the blades is critical to the success of this dangerous act. The two men were locked into the double sided box and the clock counted down. But the magician miscounted and inserted the blades too soon. The audience screamed in horror as the legs and heads of both men fell with a loud thud on the stage floor and blood gushed out from the sides of the box. The magician thinking the act had been a success triumphantly opened the box and removed his blindfold as the two sliced torsos of the men fell to the floor in a growing pool of blood.

Teleport to: Taupo (179,181,48)
Hint: Shawn climbed into the boughs for this.

Help... us...

There is no feeling worse than killing someone by accident, let alone two of your friends. It is a burden I will always have to carry. The visceral images of that terrifying night played through my mind like a horror film. I lost everything I had that night, including my will to live. In prison I slit my throat and my last moments were spent watching my own pool of blood form beneath me. Because I was a washed up celebrity though, the Warden kept my remains as a trophy.
Hint: Up on the hill, he keeps his trophies in his office.

You found the remains of Tyrone Rowland! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

8. Prisoner 826422: Cory Potts, age 21, charged with multiple counts of credit card fraud. Working at the local department store was supposed to put his life back on the right track. At first things were great and he was off the streets excelling at customer service. Then he became addicted to Farmsville and needed a lot more virtual cash to buy the things he wanted. He used up all his money buying mystery chests trying to get the exclusive raven pet for Halloween. So back at work he started to write down customers credit card numbers and used them to purchase more virtual cash to buy more of those mystery chests. At first the amounts he charged were small, but he noticed he hadn't been caught so he tripled them. Now he had plenty of virtual money and could buy everything! He finally got that raven pet and placed it on his virtual land. It squawked Nevermore at him just as the police came knocking on his real life door.

Teleport to: Steelhead Nevermoor (178,36,26)
Hint: Outside he calls, "Nevermore."

Lost... and damned...

I miss Farmsville. I had everything in that game and had the best looking farm out of anyone. I wonder if my account is still active. Yikes, that would mean my crops need to be watered! Where can I login at...wait...I forgot...I'm dead. Silly me! Your looking for my remains? That demented Warden ran me over with his car several times after the prison guards were done having their way with me. He had a few cars if I recall, but I am not sure which one it was.
Hint: This is a very peculiar undercarriage; didn't even make it up to the carnival.

You found the remains of Cory Potts! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

9. Prisoner 919733: Edgar Galloway, age 52, charged with manufacture and possession of marijuana.  He owned a popular energy drink business that specialized in using all natural ingredients. However, hidden underground inside the factory he produced an illegal drink called Marijuanade. This magical drink gave you the same pleasant high as if you smoked weed yourself and with no heavy bloating like most energy drinks. People reported having several kinds of bad dreamz in their sleep and spoke of a fantasy land where mushrooms and trees had faces. If you were seeing colorful spots and felt like you were galloping as a rainbow unicorn through an open field, then you knew it was working! During a routine health and safety inspection, the inspector found and insisted on tasting the drink. He was later found on his belly rolling down the conveyor belt shouting it was the best water slide ever.

Teleport to: Sevenfold (173,172,169)
Hint: Ignore everything but the bad dreamz, go past them to the edge of the trees and look back.

I'm... watching you...

I could have made a fortune with my Marijuanade drink. I'm just providing a good time in a bottle. That's all. Why am I being held responsible for someone elses actions after drinking it? You know what they say...drink responsibly! As for my remains, I was whipped and tortured inside the old cathedral as the prison guards used me to re-enact the brutal beatings of the lord.
Hint: It's there, but you have to look down and under and very closely from the right angle.

You found the remains of Edgar Galloway! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

10. Prisoner 013872: Harry Farley "Heartless", age 46, charged with multiple counts of assault and rape. He was engaged to a gorgeous woman and they planned an extravagant wedding together at an old church in the countryside. As they reached the altar and read their vows to eachother they felt goosebumps. Peering outside the window a storm started brewing. The priest continued as lightning struck the steeple of the church. He asked the bride if she accepts this man's hand in marriage. Just as she answered "I do" the ropes holding the church bell in place burned away from a small fire. The giant bell came hurtling straight down and smashed the bride like a fly swatter. All he had left was a rose from that day and the wedding ring she never got to wear. He never recovered from the pain. From that day forward he viewed women as objects so easily disposable and he vowed never to feel love again.

Teleport to: Winterfell (107,144,23)
Hint: The hint is useless. Find the Nacht store nearby, and look upstairs in the window.

Help... us...

If you have come to ask me where my remains are hidden, I'm afraid I will have to dissapoint you. Frankly, that is none of your business and is entirely private! Why are you helping the others? They have no loyalties to you. They serve me and my demon brothers and you are nothing! I once felt love and it destroyed me and made me weak. When I lost my love at first I felt incredible pain like a man being hanged slowly choking to death, but then I realized I was free. Free to use people as I saw fit and make them do things that I wanted without feeling remorse. If they felt love, I could exploit that and manipulate them. Take my advice. Leave this place and never return!
Hint: A boner in all the right places.

You found the remains of Harry Farley! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

11. Ruben Rosario, age 34, charged with vehicular homicide and drunk driving. Everyday was a party when you were living in his shoes. He danced at the best nightclubs and drank at the top bars. One night after drinking way too much he stumbled out of a nightclub in a hurry to get home. Although someone told him he was drunk, he ignored them. He started his car and put his foot on the pedal as the car swerved out of the parking lot. He ran several red lights and turned into the wrong lane. A truck was about to hit him head on and he swerved out of the way at the last second sending his car flying off the road. Two innocent people were killed and more injured as his car speeded through a busy Renaissance Festival and people were flung into the air like bowling pins. The car eventually crashed into the side of a stone tower and he survived his injuries.

Teleport to: Dwarfins (37,125,23)
Hint: It's by a tower, it's true, and beyond drinkers and vehicles too.

I'm... watching you...

All it takes is one stupid mistake to change your life and lose everything you worked so hard in life to gain. Don't ever drink and drive. I was a fool to think I could drive home that night. I paid the ultimate price and I deserved to die, but not like this. Not how the Warden used me as a doormat to his house on the corner of the island. When I was beaten and broken, he buried me close by. That's all I remember.
Hint: The hint is actually pretty perfect.

You found the remains of Ruben Rosario! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

12. Prisoner 218374: Shane Pickett, age 29, charged with attempted robbery and vandalism. Using what he learned in college about criminology he became a master criminal himself. He had a great strategy to rob a jewelry store. He arrived early before they opened and drove his truck backwards right through the front entrance. He leapt outside as the alarm sounded and knew he had only precious seconds to grab as many jewels as possible. However, all the cases were empty and the only thing left was the cash register. He lifted it and threw it in the truck. Just as he was about to drive off, the police surrounded him. He must have missed the memo the new store just opened up yesterday down the street. The police fell to the ground laughing their asses off when they opened the cash register and found no money inside.

Teleport to: Grand Isle (82,102,23)
Hint: It's quite a walk, but you may get lucky.

We... will erase you too...

I thought I had it all planned out. I was ready to pull off one of the biggest heists of my career and I turned into being one of the biggest jokes of the year. Perhaps if I stayed in college and chose a different major I would still be alive living the life I had always wanted for myself. Instead I tried to take a shortcut and paid dearly for it. I know you are looking for my remains. The cruel Warden beat me and slammed my body against the ground. The last thing I saw was the clocktower as his boot kicked me in the face.
Hint: Look up, way up... that's where it was left.

You found the remains of Shane Pickett! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

13. Prisoner 314962: Frank Carver, age 29, charged with disturbing the peace and destruction of property. He was part of a heavy metal band called Dark Child. They practiced inside his garage and cranked their amps up so high the windows of every house on the street shook violently. The neighborhood finally had enough and the police were called in. When the police arrived he was furious the cops were telling them they had to shutdown their jam session. He wasn't going to go down without a fight. He cranked his amp to maximum and played the highest chord on his electric guitar. The police and bystanders ducked as every pane of glass in the nearby area from cars to windows all shattered in unison. He put down his guitar and shouted only one word as he was handcuffed. Epic!

Teleport to: Oubliette (75,239,25)
Hint: Dark Children like to hide under things.

I'm... watching you...

Yo it's you! Your the one that is trying to free us from the demons.That is so totally awesome of you! I would so jam out with you right now if I could. Those asshole prison guards bound my hands and feet together and threw me from the top of the lighthouse. I felt every bone break in my body. My remains are still there.
Hint: Tucked in a corner, guarded from sight.

You found the remains of Frank Carver! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

14. Louis Kline, age 44, charged with accidental homicide. It was a tough life working as bouncer at the local stripclub. He was constantly throwing out guys that touched the girls or had too much to drink. After closing though one of the girls liked to stick around and thank him for a tough night. He went into the VIP room with her and got comfortable. She liked to call him daddy as she massaged his huge arms and wide shoulders. He was ready to return the favor and she whispered in his ear she likes it rough. He pushed her face into the pillow and got to work. No matter how much she struggled and screamed, he held her tight as he went through the motions. He could tell she was trying to get away, but he didn't let her. He roared in passion and then got up to take a shower telling her she could show herself out. However, her limp and lifeless body was still there when he returned.

Teleport to: Caledon Cape Wrath (11,174,31)
Hint: The road to Shangri La is high.

No rest... for the undead...

That girl didn't deserve to die, it was an accident. I had no sense of what I was doing. I became this lustful animal on a rampage and lost control. Does that mean I deserved to die and be humiliated like I was by the prison guards? They strapped me down to a table in the morgue and sewed my mouth shut so I couldn't scream as they chopped my body into pieces. They laughed as my limbs were tossed around between them like footballs.
Hint: Open it up, and look inside, and you'll get the corner on this bone.

You found the remains of Louis Kline! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

15. Prisoner 510973: Vic Benton "Vicious", age 39, charged with multiple counts of first degree murder and armed robbery. He feeds on great power and wealth which act as an energy source to fuel his bloody rampages and deadly robberies. His bloodlust and greed know no bounds. While robbing the First Regional Bank he strapped bombs around 6 hostages and he threatened if the police entered the building he would press the detonator. His hands clawed at the stacks of money in the vault and shoved it inside brown sacks. No one knew his identity because he wore a character mask that covered his whole face. Once he grabbed what he could, he used a revolver to shoot the officers barricading the door. He tried to run and hide between the trees in the park, but the police were waiting for him. He laughed like a maniac and pressed the detonator button killing the hostages instantly as the bank building crumbled to the ground.

Teleport to: Shopping City (211,11,22)
Hint: On the far side of the woods, his spirit still lingers.

I'm... watching you...

Well, well, well...what do we have here? A little pest trying to be a hero. Isn't that precious. Let me make one thing clear to you. These men serve me and my demon brothers! They are bound to carry out our revenge and any command we give them. You have no power here! If you so much as dare to interfere with our plans. I will send all of them to hunt you down and erase you from existence! I'm giving you the option to stop and turn around now before I really get angry. I'm keeping a watch on you from above!
Hint: Guards almost died of boredom here, sharing riddles back and forth. (You need either the Warden's name or good caming skills for this final set of bones.)
You found the remains of Vic Benton! Continue your investigation and see what else you can discover.

Oh look! You found the remains of all 15 prisoners. Now all that 'remains' is to bury them in the holy cemetary. It should be around here somewhere.



I know your on our side and want to help us, but there isn't much time. They know what your trying to do and have commanded the others to capture you! There are 6 relics that can be used to banish the demons. I have seen them in the dark dimension, but it's a world of only shadows. This is what they look like and where I saw them. Hurry, you must find them!

All of the relics are inside of the stores you are led too, and almost all of the stores are all pretty small, so this part is actually not too difficult. I've included hints for the two bigger places.

Gun Relic
You can find this relic in the DRBC - Deathrocker Bettie Crocker store: Death Row (228,160,22)
You found the Gun! Keep looking for more relics until you have found all six.

Bunny Relic
You can find this relic in the ::Ru-End:: store: Death Row (228,198,22)
You found the Bunny! Keep looking for more relics until you have found all six.

Mask Relic
You can find this relic in the ..::Rotten Apple::.. store: Death Row (238,211,22)
You found the Mask! Keep looking for more relics until you have found all six.

Rose Relic
You can find this relic in the [AsYLUM] store: Death Row (230,218,23)
You found the Rose! Keep looking for more relics until you have found all six.

The Bag
You can find this relic in the REDRUM store: Death Row (196,83,56)
Hint: Aprons from behind.
You found the Bag! Keep looking for more relics until you have found all six.

Box / Ring Relic
You can find this relic in the Death Row Designs store: slurl
Hint: Wearing her longdress, she watches it hide underneath the edge.

Oh look! You found the 6 relics needed to banish the demons and there is no time to waste! Quickly, follow this path and take them to the church! Death Row (94,155,1338) - Use what you have learned to perform the ritual and tempt the demons desires.

Ending HUD Appearance

This takes you to an area far above everyone, where the final puzzle of the game is done. There is an altar with six green diamonds in front of a cross with a red gem, and then three caskets each with a word on the bottom of them under three diamonds. The words are "Fear", "Greed," and "Pain". When you touch the red cross, it explains how the final puzzle works.  

To move the relics touch the green diamonds. Use what you have learned to place them on the right altars. One demon needs 1 relic, one demon needs 2 relics, and one demon needs 3 relics. Once you think you have the relics in the correct place, touch the cross again.

What I found worked, after some trial and error, was to right click the diamond I wanted and then select "touch" instead of just trying to auto-touch. The diamond turns red under each relic when you have it selected successfully, and then you can select the diamond over the vice you think that relic relates to. The hints to the three vices are found in the clues gotten along the way related to the three "demon" spirits, and I've reproduced them below to make things a little easier. Once you have the relics placed (the relic objects will literally move from the altar to the caskets) then touch the cross again and see if you're right. I got it right on the first try, so I'm not sure what happens if you make a mistake.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The demons below are ordered as you find them in the original hunt, not as the answer to the puzzle.  

Final Puzzle Layout

Demon One
Prisoner 510973: Vic Benton "Vicious", age 39, charged with multiple counts of first degree murder and armed robbery. He feeds on great power and wealth which act as an energy source to fuel his bloody rampages and deadly robberies. His bloodlust and greed know no bounds. While robbing the First Regional Bank he strapped bombs around 6 hostages and he threatened if the police entered the building he would press the detonator. His hands clawed at the stacks of money in the vault and shoved it inside brown sacks. No one knew his identity because he wore a character mask that covered his whole face. Once he grabbed what he could, he used a revolver to shoot the officers barricading the door. He tried to run and hide between the trees in the park, but the police were waiting for him. He laughed like a maniac and pressed the detonator button killing the hostages instantly as the bank building crumbled to the ground.

Well, well, well...what do we have here? A little pest trying to be a hero. Isn't that precious. Let me make one thing clear to you. These men serve me and my demon brothers! They are bound to carry out our revenge and any command we give them. You have no power here! If you so much as dare to interfere with our plans. I will send all of them to hunt you down and erase you from existence! I'm giving you the option to stop and turn around now before I really get angry. I'm keeping a watch on you from above!

Demon Two
Prisoner 013872: Harry Farley "Heartless", age 46, charged with multiple counts of assault and rape. He was engaged to a gorgeous woman and they planned an extravagant wedding together at an old church in the countryside. As they reached the altar and read their vows to eachother they felt goosebumps. Peering outside the window a storm started brewing. The priest continued as lightning struck the steeple of the church. He asked the bride if she accepts this man's hand in marriage. Just as she answered "I do" the ropes holding the church bell in place burned away from a small fire. The giant bell came hurtling straight down and smashed the bride like a fly swatter. All he had left was a rose from that day and the wedding ring she never got to wear. He never recovered from the pain. From that day forward he viewed women as objects so easily disposable and he vowed never to feel love again.

If you have come to ask me where my remains are hidden, I'm afraid I will have to dissapoint you. Frankly, that is none of your business and is entirely private! Why are you helping the others? They have no loyalties to you. They serve me and my demon brothers and you are nothing! I once felt love and it destroyed me and made me weak. When I lost my love at first I felt incredible pain like a man being hanged slowly choking to death, but then I realized I was free. Free to use people as I saw fit and make them do things that I wanted without feeling remorse. If they felt love, I could exploit that and manipulate them. Take my advice. Leave this place and never return!

Demon Three
Prisoner 582012: Larry Dillard "Looney", age 36, charged with multiple counts of kidnapping. He grew up as an only child and his family was very poor. His favorite possession growing up was a stuffed bunny he called Mr. Bunbun that he cherished even as a teenager. His mother thought such a stupid toy was having a negative influence on his life and tore it limb from limb in front of his face and threw the pieces in the trash. He never saw Mr. Bunbun again and it drove him mad to the point of insanity. Fear grew inside his heart and clouded his judgement. By seducing children at the carnival with sweet treats and then kidnapping them, he tore their families apart. They would feel the same fear he felt losing what they loved the most.

Hahaha...we finally meet. So your the fool I have been hearing so much about. Well you can stop your little conquest here because I will never tell you where my remains are. That's right, you don't have anything to go on! The warden may have been a sick and twisted man, but thanks to him I have become a powerful demon. With the help of my brothers I will kidnap and erase the children of the world out of existence and everyone will fear our power! It's so much easier then driving an ice cream truck around to lure children out of their homes. Don't worry Mr. Bunbun, I will avenge you!

Once you finish the puzzles, things will go a bit shiny and you can access the door behind you to get to the prize area.

The demons have been banished! The doors are unlocked! Hurry and get out of the church while you still can!

You put the relics where they belong! Don't be fooled by the locked church doors. They will guide you to the final part of this quest.

After the Relics are Placed

There actually is yet another puzzle awaiting you - how to get your prizes. This one is fairly simple, though; find the spot on the graves to touch, and a virtual avalanche will hit your inventory, accompanied by a pretty light show. There are credits for the MadPea team scrolling up the back wall above a donation urn, so make sure to check those out as well. 

It is over. You banished the demons and saved those men from a cruel fate worse than death. Now with their bones in the graveyard they have moved on from the dark dimension and found peace. Those who were captured and erased have returned to the area. Thank you, my friend. Please accept these gifts as a reward for saving us all.

Where the Prizes are Buried

I hope you found this guide and series of hints helpful. Please feel free to leave any feedback in the comments.

1 comment: