Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pod People Back from Vacation

I Weep For Us

You may have noticed a distinct lack of Deo around for a while, and there's a very simple explanation - no internet. I was on vacation, a vacation that involved a lot of sleeping in cars and waking up in new and amazing places. I apparently really needed the sleep because until the last couple of days, any time I was in the car for longer than twenty minutes I would be snoozing. I had planned on catching up on a ton of podcasts, but it turns out that doesn't work so well when one keeps falling asleep and waking up at random times, so I switched to music or silence pretty early into the vacation. I had a ball, though; I was out with my family, seeing more distant family and beautiful places, and sometime soon I should upload a few videos of animals, as it seems like I'm no longer capable of going to a zoo without ringing out my phone to make animal videos. It's like some sort of weird sickness, or something. I missed my bed and my cat, but I'm afraid, darling internet, I didn't really miss you much. It still feels a little weird to be stepping back into the routine, but I did manage to pull together a new outfit and snap some pictures, and I'll be gradually catching up on memes and challenges over the next week or two. Right now I'm trying to get into the Halloween Spirit by being creeeeepy in a sort of understated, cute way, and I had a lot of help from some really fun designers.

Uncaged

These amazing, really fun horns are a recent release from Remarkable Oblivion at the Body Modification Expo, which I have to admit I bailed from early. Not to rant too much (I'm totally going to rant), but events where there isn't a single path to follow reasonably easily just frustrate me to no end; if I am feeling lost and not sure where I am one layer into your event, there's a better than even chance I will just give up. I was really glad Remarkable Oblivion was near the beginning because the discounted price on these horns tempted me to buy them even though they aren't my usual style - and they ended up blending so perfectly into the hair from Alice Project (currently a special deal at her store - one free a day - go and get and join her group for more free stuffs) that I couldn't resist building the rest of the outfit around a sort of creepy, bloody punk look. I also wanted a drizzly, smeared mascara, and Virtual Insanity came through for me - there were a bunch of different styles, but I really liked this totally drippy one. I think is sort of looks like oil is leaking from my eyes... eyes of the pod people. The pod people eyes are totally the creepiest from Rue, free and shiny as part of the Horrorfest Hunt (I totally have drowned in hunts now that I'm back - yay hunting). The necklace is also part of a hunt, specifically the EarthStones Mystery Hunt, where you pay a certain amount of Linden for an unidentified item, but all of them are really cool.

Pumpkins

The new corset and sleeves from Dilly Dolls are really awesome and unique. They come separately, so you can add the sleeves to another look, and the bows on the wrists are totally cute. It has a peek-a-boo back, too, so you can wear it alone for that extra-sexy effect, or show off a pretty blouse underneath. One thing I love about the corset in particular is the enormous jack-o-lantern smile across the front; very festive and halloweeny. Under it I tucked this miniskirt from Rue, which has once again finished a corset look. One of the really fantastic effects of getting blogger packs is the inevitable Object That Isn't Your Style. I usually keep them kicking around in folders just in case, and in this case, with this micro-mini, this has been an unexpected butt-saver. It fits beautifully under almost every corset I've gotten so far, and in this case it perfectly bridged the divide between the richer, redder orange of the corset and sleeves, and the yellower orange of my tights and boots. My tights are from Frick (yay Frick - pretty Goth Loli clothes nao?) and were a cursed color in her tights gatcha; I have about ten million of these, even after passing them to everyone who was still online when I was spending (too much) money on the gatcha. Ironically, I got doubles of both of the Rares before landing a green - see, cursed? The gorgeous bats of my tights are echoed in the batty blue of my nails, too; also from Frick, there is even a candy corn coloration. Finally, Dilly Dolls returns with these awesome ombre boots which, in a stroke of unexpected luck, matched my tights perfectly. I really like how they're styled, with the heavy fabric wrapped around the calves and angling over the heels like legwarmers but without losing the boot feel at the top. I've long liked the combination shoe effect, and this one also has a fade, which is totally my favorite.

Rotting

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Alice Project, Delirium (Halloween Massacre Special)
Horns: Remarkable Oblivion, Baphomet Horns
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: Rue, Lotus Eater

Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, THE DIRT Face Tattoo3
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Skinthesis, Liquid Heat
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Necklace: EarthStones, Karin Necklace
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Frick, Halloween Nails
Corset: Dilly Dolls, Vivian Halloween Corset
Gloves: Dilly Dolls, Vivian Gloves
Skirt: Rue, Threads/Artist Miniskirts
Stockings: Frick, Batty Tights (Gatcha)
Boots: Dilly Dolls, Calypso Boots

Pose: Grafica

Location: Asalia House
Light Settings: Phototools, July Light 02
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment