Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Forgotten Undies

Courtyard

I almost forgot about these undies, which I got ages ago from katat0nik during one of the special events - I don't remember which, now. I'm not showing off the frilly hip ruffles, but otherwise this is the set in all of its glory. I'm pretty sure you can still get them at the store, though, and you can definitely get these awesome shoes (I bought the fatpack). The corset (Aura) and hair (Exile) are both from the Fairy Tale Event, and when I saw those corsets I thought immediately of the undies I'd been planning to photograph for months - and a look was born. I adore the hair, though keep in mind if  you're photographing it that the larger, 'flying' pieces will cause alpha occlusion (hence the prim, Favole wings!). I adore the corset - which comes in a dizzying array of combinations that ended up stymieing me. I literally have no idea which to pick up; I may end up going back and just staring for a while! My one complaint is that like a lot of mesh things, it's a single side, so photographing form some angles isn't possible due to it looking like I've got holes in my body! I worked around it pretty easily, but I really wish more mesh designers would make their mesh with "tops" and "bottoms", which can prevent some of these problems.

Stopping to Refresh

Wearing this out about in the Forgotten City, I was really struck by the changes in myself in the last few years. When I first started in Second Life, I was extremely flesh-shy, and wore mostly longer skirts and higher neck outfits. The idea of going out in public in my underwear, much less photographing it, was unthinkable.I still am, by Second Life standards, quite prudish - but now I can wander around in my underwear for a while as I find the perfect place to take pictures without much thinking about it. Some of it is simply that by comparison I'm very demure; the standards for female clothing in Second Life often skirt barely there with an emphasis on bare. Others of it is that I've become more confident that I won't be bothered or harassed despite my clothing. And still more is that I've grown to like the effect of certain outfits, so lingering in them can be fun. Also, given my permanently single state in Second Life - if I didn't show you guys my underwear, no one would see it!

Perched, Embarrassed

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow MESH (promotional item)
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Solstice
Eyeliner: cheLLe, Cleo Called - evergreen
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Cabaret
Hair: Exile, Lost in Wonderland (Fairy Tale Event)
Hairclip: Violet Voltaire, Starlene Yellow
Wings: Favole, Guardian
Necklace: Lolapop!, Los Muertos
Bracelets: Glow Studio, Ribbon and Pearls
Lingerie: katat0nik, Lovelace Lingerie - yellow / green
Corset: Aura, Grimm Corset - Muse (Fairy Tale Event)
Shoes: katat0nik, Candy Shoes

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Forgotten City
Light Settings: Places Les Legunas
Water Settings: Hidden Depths

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

1 comment: