Tuesday, June 5, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 22 - Pistachio

Angled View

This is a very old Pistachio dress from Wretched Dollies - the first I ever bought from her, in fact. For a long while I was in her group, though I haven't been for a while; in the delicate balance of groups, hers fell by the wayside at some point and I've not had the chance to re-add in a while. I've been planning to spread out groups between some of my alts, turn one of the other Deoridhes into my main promotional blogging alt. We'll see what I manage to clear out, then. I love this dress, though, even though it's far below the quality of her recent releases and creations - it reminds me of my early days in Second Life, of when the world seemed both endless and incomprehensible. Long before I even thought of blogging, when I got dressed up to go to philosophy discussions, before I'd even thought of roleplaying. It reminds me of a sweeter time, when I was out of touch with the drama of the broader Second Life sphere, early on in hunts and before midnight manias existed. I don't really pine for those days - nostalgia doesn't have an enormous hold on me - but I find the memories warming nonetheless.

Spatz

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow MESH (promotional item)
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: cheLLe, Mix and Match - Green and Pink
Lipstick: Damned, Alice Lipstick - Green
Hair: Exile, Lady Versailles
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Eclectica, Victoriana - Jade
Dress: Wretched Dollies, Pistachio Floral Dress
Shoes: G Field, Long Cuff Boots "Will"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Grotto Art Space
Light Settings: Places Duskwood
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment