Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Can Haz Promoshunz: Demon

Full Moon Rising

I have a glorious set of pictures this time, with some really fun combination of promotional items! One nice thing about promotional items is that I'm often confronted by things I wouldn't normally wear - and trying to turn it into a cohesive, attractive look can really push me. In this case, a top that isn't quite my style, and a dress that I like but probably wouldn't have thought to use this way, are combined into a fluid whole. The top is from De La Soul and is a Limited Edition version of a new top she's coming out with - called The Seeker and this is the Tomoyuki version. It comes with a HUD to change the textures of the obi and the catches; the obi changes to a variety of shades, most of them dark, and the catches change through a variety of colors, including gold, green, and the red shown here.

Summoning

The "skirt" part is actually part of a dress from Paris Metro - a store which does gorgeous fancy gowns, often quite daring and sexy. In addition to the central skirt, it also included a variety of leg-attached pieces for the skirt, which is a touch I always like. I didn't keep the central red skirt, because it layered strangely with the alpha in the textured skirt, but I love how the prims are canted and swirl in interesting ways as you move and pose. The mouth-jewelry is from Acide!, and I have become a necklace-in-your-mouth convert. I had to do a little fitting of the jewels around the cheeks, but since it's a modable necklace it took only a minute or two to do. I love the effect of the stones hanging out like that; a charming and funny idea, and a great way to add a necklace to a nigh-necked outfit!

Castle

The skin is a gorgeous fae-style design from mythic that comes with and without sparkles (I'm wearing with, of course - who do you think I am?). The gray is a lot of fun, and I really enjoy the bright colors of the other versions of the skin included. They'll be a small army of pastel, sparkled fae set loose upon the grid! There are matching eyes, too, but I couldn't find a red pair that worked with the rest of my planning, so I ended up using Flare eyes from De La Soul (not promotional).

Shore Leave

The hair from Me. is a lot of fun, and very floofy, which I enjoyed! I don't normally wear big, fluffy hair, but I thought the style suited this quasi-Japanese/sexy dress shift. The bangs are nice and heavy, but they are partly alpha so your eyelashes with fight with them (hence no eyelashes in these pictures!). There isn't any movement on this hair, though, so keep that in mind if you love movement in your hair. The poses are another bit of fun! I used a mix of promotional poses from EverGlow (which really gives good pose!) and Apple Spice, which I'm still getting to know as a pose-maker. EveryGlow tends to do solid, smooth pose set with a mix of different levels of pose, from sitting to standing. Apple Spice's big strength seems to be sexy, canted poses which go well with the single slit of my skirt (but less well with the fitted obi).

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: mythic, Maeve ~ Fire ~ Ash (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Flare
Lipstick: la petite morte, Red Stripe Lips
Jewelry: Acide!, Dead Pearly Kiss V.2 (promotional item)
Hair: Me., Kara - everything (promotional item)
Wings: Favole, Cawthorne Vermillion
Top: De La Soul, The Seeker - Tomo (promotional item)
Gloves: Eclectica, "Swoon" crimson
Skirt: Paris Metro, Carnation Salsa Gown - ruby (promotional item)
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: Nadia, Okobo Red

Pose: Apple Spice and EverGlow (promotional items)

Location: Annon, The Gate
Light Settings: TOR, Suppression Band
Water Settings: TOR, Linear Puddles

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment