Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Twenty-three - Asparagus

Asparagus Week made me seriously giggle, especially after Banana Mania. And next week is Eggplant! We seriously need to figure out a color challenge dish to go with our outfits!

I'm feeling a bit worn this week - the kind of adrenaline fall which comes after a major event like the Fantasy Faire, where I was blogging almost every day and scrambling to make posts. I don't think Revisiting Nemo will ever make it into a post itself, somewhat sadly since the sim was awesome, but I feel like I'm running out of words.


Music Lost on Ice
Pose: Magnifique, Shy Standing Pose 4


I'm feeling lost this week, and a bit desolate. It feels a lot like everything is ending, like nothing good will ever come. Listening to the talk about how the government wants "austerity" for the masses, to cut benefits for everyone, while also hearing about banks getting enormous tax returns and giving out bonuses - BONUSES! - to their employees which could feed a family of four for a year...

I come to Second Life, to a certain extent, to escape the ugliness and negativity of the world I live in every day, but doom and gloom seem to be the currency here as well. From people posting about how the reason Second Life is failing is because users aren't big enough cheering squads, to running into the same mindset in some of the social things I'm involved in, I am - quite frankly - tapped out on cheering.


Shipwrecked
Pose: Magnifique, Shy Standing Pose 5


It's easy, when things are beautiful, to think positively. I still get a frisson of joy when I see a particularly amazing art exhibit in Second Life, or roleplay a scene where everything seems to snap together, or find the perfect outfit with the perfect accessories, in the perfect place.

I have a home, my income is stable unless they cut funding so I'm unemployed, most of my clients are doing well, and I'm catching up on paperwork and extra responsibilities... but I feel a sense of inner dread today which I can't quite think away; a heaviness on the spirit that I'm not quite sure what to do with.


Waiting Through the Blizzard
Pose: Magnifique, Fairy Stand Pose 2


Perhaps a list, checking off little things one by one, might help. Maybe just typing out the words - I am afraid of so many things that sometimes I can't breathe and I have to remember how to move, how to think, how to do anything but be afraid - will help.

The sim these pictures were taken in is a glorious build by AM Radio. We have six months to enjoy it, and I plan to cram in a few more pictures of that and his other displays.

Credits:

Eyes: Tacky Soul, Pride
Skin: Adam n Eve, Astrelle Fae (light brows) with Eye Tattoo Forest Deity
Hair: Truth, Mariposa - driftwood
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Iridescent Wings
Dress and Shoes: Angelwing, Green Constance Dress
Gloves and Collar: Eclectica, Swoon - ivory

Location: The Quiet (AM Radio)
Light Settings: [TOR] HORROR - Dullard

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on all the doom and gloom in the world, yet I love how even in times of meh, you still manage to make your pictues have a sparkle of happiness, hope and better times to them... totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It's an amazing, melancholy sim.

    ReplyDelete