Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fantasy Faire: Revisiting Nemo

I never saw Nemo in its original incarnation, so this is less revisiting for me, and more a glorious exploration of something which is clearly made with love and care. The textures are both lush and precise, and I'll admit now I thought several things were full prim when they turned out to be textures.


Breakable


Like Dark Mirage, Nemo is rendered brighter and more colorful with beautiful stained glass - though Nemo's is much more colorful and loosely patterned than the stark fire colors in Dark Mirage. There is a repeating of patterns, here, too - like bright jeweled windows in the tower. One fun thing is that the glass is actually "reversed" on the inside - a detailed aspect which filled me with glee.


Tower - Another View


Warm and cool alike circle the tower, supported and surrounded by silvery and coppery metal with textured patterns on it which are a delight to the eyes. I love the texture on the ground, too - swaths of grass where now and then the machinery shows up underneath; the effect is both startling and delightful. I love the bubbles holding up the bridge, too! In the courtyard behind the tower is the clock, a lovely telescope, and a gorgeous globe, all of which I photographed closer here and there.


2011-04-10 Nemo Revisited - Me_017


Here is a close-up of the clock, open. It's completely mechanized, opening and closing, and the clock works! I want it, like a wanting thing that wants. I have no idea how much it would cost, or how many prims it's made of, but the style and beauty is such that I might remove a few things from my home to make space for it. I stood there a while just opening and closing it...


Looking Up to the Stars from the Trees


This is a view coming up on the tower, this shows the plaza around the telescope. I love the tree there - how it looks a bit too much like a wrench.


Tired Fae


Near the end I found the cutest mushroom napping place - combining my favorite things, something attractive and a way my avatar can go plopping right in the middle of it.


Planning for Crawfish


I love the detail of having the plans for the animals by the animals.


Impressive Manta Ray


And a mechanical manta ray! Sadly, I couldn't sit inside of this.


Reflected Glory


( All of the pictures found here. Over 200! )

Credits:

Eyes: Tacky Soul, Pride
Skin: Adam n Eve, Astrelle Fae (light brows) with Full Face Tattoo - Dark Fae
Hair: Ploom, Dot - Angelfood
Wings: Illusions, Chibi Angel Wings
Dress: Caverna Obscura, Serenade Gown - Pearl
Shoes: G Field, Flower Pumps "Eve" - white

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Nemo Revisited
Light Settings: Nam's Optimal Skin 2
Water Settings: [TOR] Meridian verde

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only 

No comments:

Post a Comment