Sunday, February 1, 2015

Genre: It's Like Magic

Entirely Too Much Glee

Genre's theme is celebration, and it definitely offers up a lot to celebrate about! My fun party dress, with layers of skirt I particularly appreciate, is from Anachron and comes in a wide variety of colors and decorative additions. I love the multiple colors woven into the skirts, the delicate rope belt, and the way Anachron used materials to add texture into some of the levels - you can see it along the rim of the green skirt, catching the light beautifully. It moves very well, folding up in soft curves when my leg goes up and adapting well to wider stances that can sometimes bring heartache to skirt wearers. I also like that the bodice line isn't straight  the angles up to either side set this apart from many other sleeveless gowns of a similar silhouette, as does the symbols woven into the center panel and flanked by darker bands textured very much like leather. I'm also wearing a very sweet, golden ring from Oddfish Studios on my right hand - I didn't get the best shot of it, but it's a lovely bit of glitter that has an accompanying pose for couples, letting them gaze lovingly into each others eyes. I love the shape of the ring, scroll edges supporting a single stone and with the words "Love that moves the Sun and other stars" along the band. It's absolutely lovely.

Rocky Landing


My final bit from Genre for this look is my top hat from BluPrintz and the HUD which comes with it is so incredibly detailed it blows me away! It lets you tint every part of the hat separately into any color you want - yes, any color; all of them. It has a veil (not shown) and comes in clean and tattered versions. If you want a top hat, this is the hat to buy! The shape is lovely as well, with a tapered edge and the cutest, thinnest brim. I am beyond thrilled with it and how I was able to easily fit it to my hair - something not always easy with hats! My final note is about my adorable shoes from The Little Bat, the freebie that accompanies today's look. They were a midnight mania, which has now been shifted out for a cute platform in orange, and she has new midnight manias regularly, often including some very nice shoes - one of the harder things to find for freebie hunters. Definitely swing by and check out what's on offer - and maybe pick up an outfit or two while you're there!

Why Yes, My Gate is Fine

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Asset, Cyber
Hat: BluPrintz, Lacy Top Hat (Genre)
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Brown & Green
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Jewelry: Eclectica, Nightblooms
Body, Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Body, Hands and Feet
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Deco
Ring: Oddfish Studios, Gold Celebration Ring (Genre)
Outfit: Anachron, Jump Party Dress (Genre)
Shoes: The Little Bat, Polly SLink Heels (Midnight Mania)

Pose: !bang

Location: Otium
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Londonisk
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment