Sunday, April 15, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 16 - Bright Turquoise

Out of Reach

It's kind of funny to do such similar colors so close together. The teal in my last post - I was seriously tempted to try to pass it off as Bright Turquoise, but I decided to get closer to the color once I double checked it. I'm beginning the slow gear-up to Fantasy Faire; I'm an official blogger, and I ended up checking out Garden of Dreams, which was created by the avatar who is the creator of Shifting Sands, one of the Fantasy Faire Sims. I love little back-channel ways to find amazing sims, and this one is a gorgeous one, but I'm finding myself feeling a little leaden with sadness. I found out recently that a dear friend who I've known since I was a teenager died; I haven't cried seriously about it yet - I think I'm still in shock, believing it couldn't possibly be true. Its hard to know what could be the final shoe dropping, when I realize I won't see him again. We had a close tie, both of us odd people out in a Quaker environment and both with a rather cynical and sardonic point of view. He was the Eeyore of our circle, always quick to think the worst, always quick to help out anyway. I will miss him so very dearly.

Me and Myself

Life is such a mix - good things in lockstep with sad ones; hope and joy inextricably entwined with grief and pain.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow MESH
Eyeshadow: Mock, Fae-rly UnCertain Teal and Turquoise
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelases 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Annette2 Mesh Hair (promotional item)
Lipstick: Mock, Aos Si Stars - Turquoise
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: EarthStones, Jumoke Jewelry
Gloves: Sn@tch, Long Gloves - Aqua
Bracelet: Silk & Satyr, Cloisonne Bangle 3
Dress: Nushru, Cloe in Turquoise
Stockings: G Field, Button Socks - aqua
Shoes: G Field, Square-toe Shoes "Sophie" - turquoise

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Hazardous
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY - Maldives
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only 

2 comments:

  1. love your post Deoridhe. love how your wings come back in the wings in the background and that water picture is fabulous

    ReplyDelete