Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Can Haz Promoshunz: Blue Moon

Off Kilter

I have a lot of fun things on today, many of them promotional items, and I had such fun taking pictures with my new low-lag system that I could squeal with glee. The eyes are an unusual green for me, but are a lovely mesh set from Mayfly. I really like how clear and bright they are, with shine on the top and a pale glow on the bottom. I surrounded them with a multicolor liner from Eyelure - a new to me store. with a really fun and bright style. It's all over a new skin from Skintimate, which came with a variety of lipsticks. This is the porcelain tone, and I really like the shadowing on it - especially since the tone is so light. The brows are on the skin itself but fine enough to go along with a variety of hairs, or covered up by a colored brow. The facial features are delicate and sweet, the lips a touch too wide for my usual taste but I like the effect here, and based on my time spent in second life most people prefer the large lips. The base lipcolor for the skin was a dark pink, but the layers on top cover it entirely and in a lovely way. The jewelry is another from Elemental, which I really adore. It comes with earrings to match, the same mix of colors with a large, silver star to crown them. The design is very unique, and I thought the bright colors were a nice contrast for an otherwise monochromatic look.

Light on Death

I crowned my look with an actual crown from Eclectica - the gems are color changing via menu, which makes it very versatile. This one is base silver, but there is base gold and base steel; between the metals and the stones, you can have a crown for every occasion. I'm also wearing a claddagh ring from Eclectica, but I neglected to get a good shot of it - it's also color changing, which I thought was really wonderful. It would make a great gift between friends, as well. The hair is a fun, piled updo from Secrets Hair. Like all Secrets Hair, it's edit-ok, which means I was able to move a few pieces of hair out of my shoulder without any difficulty. It's short enough to photograph well without being rigged mesh, and a very unique silhouette for hair - very Georgia Peach afterparty. The dress is another gorgeous one from SLC Couture - again a fun silhouette with the upturned ruffles - and the fabric of the skirt is delicate (best seen up close below). The one problem is the usual alpha occlusion errors that come along with transparent textures - I mostly settled it with a second skirt tinted a darker shade, as if each ruffle had a lining; you can see I didn't get the tint quite right for the lighting; I should have tinted again once I found my windlight, but I didn't notice the error until I was posting things up; sorry! The boots are from Dilly Dolls, from the current Ice Cream Motif event, and are also color change. The edges of the boots look like the edges of cakes with sprinkles on top; even the bows have an air of icing to them, and effect that really appeals to me.

SHOES~!

One of the things I love about doing Promotional posts is the encouragement to put together new looks and look at things in different ways. I had fully intended to take this look to it's monochromatic conclusions until I saw the newest gift from Elemental and that changed the direction of the look entirely (even the boots, which went from plain blue to the multicolored variant you see above). It's easy to fall into a rut of a certain style of dress, a certain style of look, if you don't have things in place to challenge you to think more creatively. I wonder sometimes if creators have a similar issue, which might explain the growing trend toward thematic gatherings of things, like Flux and Motif. Just as I find themes based around colors or a need to combine items from different stores stimulating, I'm hoping creators get the same push of creativity from working with a theme and seeing the amazing work of others within that same theme.

Stalking

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Skintimate, Angelina Special Edition (light pink lips)  (promotional gift)
Eyes: Mayfly, Deep Sky Mesh Eyes - Paris Green (promotional gift)
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Cosmetics: Eyelure, WILDS - red orange green blue (promotional gift)
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Hair: Tribal Soul, Rehab - Platinum  (promotional gift)
Tiara: Eclectica, Regency Tiara - noon (promotional gift)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Elemental, Kaleidoscope Set  (promotional gift)
Dress: SLC Couture, Alise tuerkis (promotional gift)
Ring: Eclectica, Claddagh Ring  (promotional gift)
Boots: Dilly Dolls, Cassiel Ice Cream Boots  (promotional gift)

Poses: Morgane Bastista Poses

Location: Ninth Rua
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT Brighter
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment