Sunday, April 1, 2012

Orange Poppies

Glow

This photoshoot was a long time in coming - effectively a week! - but I think I've finally figured out the problems and mostly solved them, thanks to Phoenix's excellent troubleshooting guide. Three small changes to my system, and my lag is less than half and I can easily move between windows again. Go go documentation! I underestimated the wonderful stress relief picture taking is for me, though; this week has been a torment of not being able to create pretty pictures, and I'm entirely thrilled to be back to my old self. The dress I'm wearing was part of a total impulse look together as I was sorting my inventory - which is immense I'll note. I finished Falln Angel Creations' Ostara hunt recently and had been sorting through it, and this was one of the prizes - can you believe it was only a single linden? I think for the next hunt I'll try to do some pictures earlier on; far too few people were hunting this Spring, and I can only guess people haven't heard it's going on. In any case, I have this dress in pink, but I love it in orange as well, and when I found the fantastic orange poppies in Crommhold I knew I needed to take a picture with me and them, as if I'd just burst forth from one of them to full size.

Curl on the Back

The hair is a fantastic new release from Analog Dog, which is becoming one of my standard hair stores. I love the uniqueness of the style in particular, the combination of braid and curls to make a truly unique hairstyle. I paired up eyeshadow from Mock and lipstick from L Fauna for the facial look; Mock had this great release of incredibly bright eyeshadows that really capture the spirit of the whole look, and I love L Fauna's lips for their bright shades and delicate curve. My little dolly is a gatcha prize from katat0nik, a milk doll! She just recently released necklaces, too, which means I'll be back to obsessively putting money in a little machine and hearing GLaDOS dispensing my product. If you're on my friendslist and you're on when I'm indulging, you may end up with a few of my extras - earlier this week I was passing off balloons and milk dolls to a half dozen people. Finally, no fairy is complete without her cute bare feet, and SLink does my favorite feet of all; I could even tint the toenails orange to match my dress!

Wading

I reconnected with some old friends recently, and I'm really thrilled that I'm fondly remembered and had a warm welcome. I also have apologies to make to two other friends, but I'm struggling with the words. I think it's hard to make amends even when you're really aware of how profoundly you screwed up; there's always the fear that it's simply not enough! I'm determined, though. I've been thinking of this for months, and I need to act before April ends. I have a lot of things to do before April ends, in fact; things which will hopefully shift my balance a bit away from online and toward offline. My review at work has left me feeling energized and positive, and I'm determined to use that energy for the very best purposes to move myself toward the futures I want to have within my grasp.

Taking Off

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee - rainbow (mesh, promotional item)
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A Planty
Eyeshadow: Mock, Faerie Punque in Lime
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Lipstick: L.Fauna, Orange
Glasses: Air, Cresta
Hair: Analog Dog, Evoke - blonde
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Falln Angel Creations, Sanaka Dress - orange
Doll: katat0nik, Strawberry Milk - orange
Feet: SLink, Jolie Pied V3 Medium

Pose: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Crommhold
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY - Vintage Village
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment