Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lost in the Caves

On the Way Out

At some point in the past I got on Wasabi Pill's reviewer list - and I have to admit, almost every time I get a knew hair I'm in heaven. Occasionally she does a style which really isn't my style - sometimes that leads to fun outfits, and sometimes it leads to the depths of my inventory (I have a hard time tossing, since the quality is so high) in wait for some future time when it might be perfect for a new outfit or look. This time, though, it's liek she reached into my brain and pulled out the perfect Deoridhe style of all time. I put it on, intending just to take a look then switch into non-mesh hair so that I don't look like I have a box on my head to most people... and I was lost. It's soft, and bends slightly with me, and is such a striking silhouette that I'll be hard pressed to take it off for a while. This is the sort of style that mesh seems made for - the weight of the hair down at the bottom would pull the hair to stay in place, and so it does. It bends slightly with my body, as you can see in a number of these shots, and is just overall so amazing that... I've said I'm in love, haven't I? I even love the heavy bangs with their air of mystery!

Twitch and Flick

The dress is an old impulse purchase from Tainted, a store I don't normally buy for (and that I couldn't find an landmark for the store), but I have to admit I find the look very striking even in dresses-with-tails are fairly common. The texturing is superb and stands up really well to close shots. The mini skirt has the usual butt-and-crotch flap, and that has the problems attendant in the design, but the stark patterning means that the texture-mixing which often occurs is not a problem at all. What I love most about this outfit, though - something which is not easily captured in pictures - is how it moves. The layers flow smoothly, the flex is enough for movement but not so much that it feels like gravity is gone, and the effect is lush and striking.It's gloveless and fairly simply along the neckline, so I added in some very old gloves from The Black Canary which really fit the formal punk style of the dress. I also added in a couple of necklaces from Eclectica, both very simple but curving designs which I think I got on a 60$L Weekend Deal. The crowning touch was something I love to do with short skirts - I added a pair of stockings with the garters showing (from Vextra Fashion). I know garters are very old school, but I love the look when it's as painless as adding a layer on my clothes.

Watchful

The location is one recommended in passing by someone on some blog, the reference of I promptly lost. The entire series of sims are part of Calas Galadhon, though I ended up in the caves on Mirromere, and they are absolutely gorgeously striking with panels of teleports regularly placed if you're looking for somewhere specific. I took these pictures along a very short set of caves by the waters, and I can tell you that even in the minutes after finishing I found half a dozen other gorgeous places to explore. I anticipate coming back here often.

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Bubble. Electro Pop Eyeshadow 2
Eyelashes: Flufeln Brise, Eyelash 5
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Carmen
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Cherry Mesh Hair (Promotional Items)
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Jewelry: Eclectica, Victoriana Blue Agate
Dress: Tainted, Seven Deadly Sins - Sloth
Gloves: The Black Canary, Seri Corset Gloves
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Stockings: Vextra Messing, Opaque Stockings
Shoes:

Poses: pda

Location: Mirromere
Light Settings: Places Abracadabra
Water: TOR, Meridian Verde

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment