Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mermaid Princess

Kelp Shadows

There was a lovely set of poses among the many princess things at Fit for a Princess, from Uncertain Smile. It's an enormous oyster shell, quite large, with a wide variety of poses set around it and it's enormous pearl creation. It also comes with a few lovely accessories for different poses - like the gorgeous mirror so I can admire my pretty face, and a lovely shell with pearls spilling forth from it. Each of the poses is interesting and unique, and the shell itself would make a lovely addition to an underwater tableau. I could have wished for a few more poses taking advantage of the outside, as well as the inside, of the shell - something leaning over the top, for example, or lying back and taking in the sights above, but the variety of poses otherwise is wonderful, including one swimming through the shell, and others in various states of repose from sitting to lying. Like all Uncertain Smile posts I've used, the poses themselves are smooth, realistic, and don't distort the standard avatar mesh, which is really fantastic - especially for over the head poses, where the shoulders can often become disjointed.

Catching Sight in the Mirror

I knew I wanted to do a whole mermaid look for it, but all of my mermaid accessories are pre-mesh, and didn't seem quite as fluid and seamless as I'd like. Luckily, however, Genre did a mermaid special and I was able to get a good assortment if mermaiding awesomeness to put together a new mermaid form. The hair first, from Souzou Eien, and is all but made for me - rainbows and shininess, with a fun fin and little tendrils off the sides of my head. This set the bar for a rather spare, colorful mermaid princess, so I added in Sax Shepherd Designs' new forehead jewel set, which has an incredible amount of individuality in terms of tinting them - four different sets of gems that can be tinted individually via a HUD and that look amazing. I love the curves over the brows and the enormous gem in the middle. With my head set up, I headed over to Genre to check out what was in the offering, and found awesome lipstick from Senzafine in a variety of watery colors. I also saw, and thus remembered, this amazing octopus necklace from Eclectica, with it's little tentacles curling around a pretty black rock. I really like the naturalistic style of this necklace,  how it looks like it has the weight and heft it should when it hands around my neck. In order to keep my modesty on top, I layered an old set of scales from Evie's Closet under a new set of rainbow gradient scales from Even Tide. The latter come in a whole set, many colors in addition to the rainbow I'm wearing. And finally, my gorgeous tail is from deviousMind and at the Genre event. I chose it because of the vivid layering of colors, and I fell in particular in love with the edges of the fins - how they curl and lace out at the edges.

Pearl Diving

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Souzou Eien, Dawn Child of Proteus (Genre)
Headdress: Sax Shepherd Designs, Devi Jewels
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Glitter Pop Eshadow
Lipstick: Senzafine, Sirene (Genre)
Necklace: Eclectica, Octopus
(Genre)
 Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Scales 1: Evie's Closet, Lumina Nymph
Scales 2: Even Tide, Gradient Mer Scales (Genre)
Nails: A:S:S, Royal
Mermaid Tail: deviousMind, Undine (Genre)

Pose: Uncertain Smile, Mermaid Princess (Fit for a Princess)

Location: Skyrah
Light Settings: Phototools, B/W Light 02
Water Settings: TOR, Ice-like

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment