Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 51: Festive Eve

Deoridhe, dressed in green and gold with red accessories, standing by a low stone wall in front of a house and laughing.

Festive Eve is a combination of a creamy white with a dark, dull green which seems to perfectly reflect the winter season. I accessorized my outfit, holly-like, with bits of bright red here and there. It was an irresistible addition - starting with the lips and hair baubles and ending with these amazing shoes, until I became a sort of Holly Nutcracked Doll. The outfit, which started it all, first; it's a full set from Violent Seduction - complete with the cap, the stockings, and a shirt which can also be removed. The inside skirt is beautifully layered, but the framing around the bodice is not, which means the shoulder straps can disappear from oblique angles; the collar is likewise flat but well textured enough that it isn't obvious from most angles. The stars are wonderfully three dimensional and hook in beautifully with the gold braid up the front, which is similarly three dimensional, and I love the ruffles of the skirt and how natural and curved they are. I especially like the texturing of the skirt - the green is actually diamonds of lighter and darker fabric, and the gold leaf patterns embroidered on it are simple stunning. My hair is also from Violent Seduction, though a completely different genre, and I adore how well the pig tails curl down the front and how soft they look. The size and roundness are simply perfect, and they move extremely well with the head - though of course turned-head poses don't work as well as straight ahead. The red baubles are included, and it's available in a ton of colors, though I went with my signature blond here.

Deoridhe, dressed the same as above, standing in front of a stone house with a wooden window. The stone is covered in vines with flowers.

My masks is a new release from katat0nik for Collobor88, and I simply adore it. This is actually the white-and-blue mask, but I discovered she had faced it very well, and I could tint the jewels separately - which means shiny green gems. katat0nik usually makes her creations no-modify, but I am so glad she didn't this time, because the effect of the green is simply stunning with the rest of my outfit, and I love this mask and how versatile it is dearly. I was also able to very carefully fit the mask to my face so that it looked natural and if it was made for me, instead of the cheeks hanging over the sides excessively, and I love how it was tucked under my hair when I was done. I darkened my eyes with one of Souzou Eien's lucky board prizes so that they would all but vanish, and took my lips from red to candy apple red with a combination of an Essences base with a Mock layer of shiny, gleaming gloss on top. The final bit of bright red comes from these amazing shoes from Lassitude & Ennui - one in a long list of gorgeous shoes they've released lately. These are simply gorgeous - shiny and gleaming leather with a low heel in a classic style. The double row of gold echo the gold stars on my Violent Seduction dress perfectly, and I love the gear detailing which gives it a steampunk edge that I love so much I can hardly express it. I look a perfect Nutcracker, laughing and dancing my way across the grid.

Deoridhe, dressed as above, standing in front of the Goatswood Train station and smiling.

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Violent Seduction, Usagi
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Souzou Eien, Fairy Eyes
Mask: katat0nik, Missing You
Lipstick 1: Essences, Red 01
Lipstick 2: Mock, Lucir Cabaret
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Orc Inc, Rich Darks
Dress, Hat, Stockings: Violent Seduction, Royal Star
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Emily steampunk shoes

Poses: Olive Juice

Location: Goatswood

Light Settings: AvatarOpt2 whiter
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

1 comment: