Monday, November 18, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 46 - Rosewood Mist

Twisted and Graceful

I stumbled on my outfit for Rosewood Mist entirely by accident. I've been running so far behind on the Twisted Color Challenge that I started collecting things, and by Friday I was very concerned since I'd landed something for the next challenge, but nothing yet for Rosewood Mist - and then I went to the Limited Bizarre, and a few stops later my entire outfit was set with remarkable east, and a little tinting. To begin with, the gown from Les Petit Details is a limited edition, but when I saw the shape of the dress I simply couldn't resist purchasing it and showing it off. I love an unusual silhouette, and this one manages to combine transparency and blousiness with with a sleek minidress. The dress isn't quite smooth at the waist - it's a rigged mesh mini over a textured layer - and the blousy overshirt doesn't quite touch to the edges of the skirt, but I found as I moved and took pictures that this doesn't stand out at all. I'm sincerely tempted to head over to the store to pick up a few others of this style; despite Second Life being a place where almost anything can be made, a lot of clothing seems to fall into familiar silhouettes and styles. I wanted a loose hairstyle that mixes formality and informality, and this hair from LeLutka fit the bill well. I'm not used to quite such fluffy hair, and I quite like how it looks when my hands end up tangled within it.

Uncertainty in the Sole

Wearing this dress, I then found my way to the Acid Lily Gallery because I had seen some stockings that interested me greatly. Right now I'm in the process of adding to my SLink foot compatible stockings, now that my shoe collection has grown so significantly, and these pastel stockings with wing detail from Cannibelle simply called to me. There is a little bit of overlap at the ankle, something which I believe is almost impossible to remove for sheer stockings, but otherwise they are flawless (The creator contacted me and let me know that if you only wear the underwear level, it removes the overlap at the ankles.). I liked how their sheerness echoed the sheer top of my dress, and the sheerness of my wings, keeping that theme consistent and balanced. On my feet I changed tack and made the blue darker, though, adding some rope detailing in these amazing new releases from Lassitude & Ennui, available at Shoetopia where I took these pictures (Can you believe I could still turn on shadows? Neither can I.). I have long been a fan of their shoes, but these latest releases have simply blown me away. The knots holding the bands of rope are exquisite, and the shoe itself somehow manages to be both rough and delicate all at once. One other thing I adore Lassitude & Ennui for is leaving their shoes modify-ok, which means I'm able to take their white ones and tint them slightly blue, thus pleasing me greatly. One final note on Shoetopia, I found Elysium Hynes' pinterist board for it incredibly helpful. In addition to pictures of all of the available items, she also included links to each area, and so I was able to leap about from stop to stop picking up only what I absolutely wanted to. Bless her, truly.

Bent Relief

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: LeLutka, Dulcina
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Orc Inc, Pastel Shimmer
Bracelet: Eclectica, Nouveau Leaves
Dress: Les Petits Detail, Chica Dress
Stockings: Cannibelle, Angel Wing Tights
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Bound

Pose: Olive Juice

Location: Shoetopia
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment