Sunday, May 19, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 20 - Simply Cider

Something at the Gate

Simply Cider is a fun Twisted Color combination. I actually had the outfit set up, but ended up spending most of Saturday in a meeting and then the rest of the night as an awesome alpaca dancing in a row. One of the things I continue to love about Second Life is how untethered we are with out appearance - how in a moment's notice I can become something entirely transformed. Evens light changes can be unnerving, like adding these new eyes from Rue in, giving me dark, catlike eyes. She has a whole slew of releases, all of them the eyeballs which means that you can mix and match, but I stuck with a single set - the closest to rainbow. Aren't they gorgeous? Along with unnerving - the inclusion of black instead of the usual white really catches me off guard, looking at myself. I'm used to a much more innocent, less alien Deoridhe. My hair is from Wasabi Pills, a short, almost birdlike affair which adds to the disquiet; I think of myself as having long hair, so whenever I don a short hairstyle it's always an enormous change. My dress is an incredible release from Valentina E Couture, who has really come into her own with mesh clothing. I love the ribbon around the waist, and the dual-colored hem. My one complaint is how far down the invisible layer goes - far enough that I took it off for the picture below so that my upper legs are visible.

Walk into Glory

My shoes are a very old set from Alice Project, and I still simply adore them. They have so many options they still blow me away - you can change between the stiletto above to a wedge, in an enormous variety of colors; I pull them out every now and then simply because I love them, and the band over the toe of the shoe is perfect for dual color outfits. My jewelry, which is amazing, is another color changing marvel, this time from Virtual Impressions which has quickly become a favorite. It's also dual colorable, with a delicate winding pattern to it which is really enchanting. The store has some wonderful group gifts, which also allow you to pick up some fantastic sets with a lot of options for much less than expected. My nails are from Nine Inch Nails, a very new store with some amazing options for your nails. I particularly liked these divided nails, with the lace across the divide, and couldn't resist picking up several other similar styles. As time goes on, the additions for SLink nails are becoming more ornate and beautiful, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what creators come up with next.


( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: Rue, Pluto: Radium
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Brown & Purple
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick : Mock, Lucir Lipcolor
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Skye
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Valentina E Couture, Berries Dress Grape (Liason Collaborative)
Jewelry: Virtual Impressions, Cindy
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Deco
Stockings: Vextra Messing, Sheer Stockings
Shoes: Alice Project, Faelin Pumps

Poses: Glitterati


Location: .XVIMCI
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment