Sunday, December 2, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 48 - Tangelo

Nested in the Rocks

I'm late for Tangelo, very late, but in my defense it has been a Hel of a week! It seems like once a year there's always a week where I feel a dollar late and a dime short in any possible, and that was this week. I squeaked in under some doors, but this one I ended up crashing through and ending up on a heap of tangerine on the floor, cursing the lack of tangelo in my inventory. I only found it in my hair from Analog Dog - and I'll be honest, I had no idea it was there. I searched, as always, for a word (this time the tang beginning, as I assumed I would have no tangelo) and found mostly hairs, and mostly tangerine. I had some tangerine shoes, but there was not a tangerine dress or outfit in my entire inventory! It blew me away, I had no idea I had such gaps in what I've grown of thinking of as a pit of everything on the grid.

Rose River

This picture set also feels very off-balanced, off season, of in every way, We're out of harvest season now, a long way from holidays of pumpkins, but the brightness of Rabbit Kiss' orange seemed to fit the over-the-top orange that was characterized by tangelo. I ended up muting it quite a bit in the background, though, so I'm not sure the over-the-topness really carries across; there's a failure there, I feel. I lighted this one a bit unusually, though, using two colors. On one side of me, the facelight tint is a rich red color. On the other side, it is yellow. If you look closely at the highlights and shadows on my face, in particular, you can see the combined effect - but it's relatively subtle. One of the reasons I love using in world lighting instead of adding lighting after the fact is because you can play with color with it; I need to remember to do bisected colors more often!

Dramatic Bridge Dancer

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow 1: Elymode, Solstice Moon
Eyeshadow 2: Virtual Insanity, Spring - Tangerine
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor Tangerine
Hair: Analog God, ffwd - tangelo
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Rabbit Kiss, 2012 Halloween Lolita
Shoes: Eclectica, Garden Party - tangerine

Poses: !bang

Location: *Tatty Soup*
Light Settings: Places, Beach Cay
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment