Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 4 - Iron

I'm da bomb

Iron week led to me wearing very little called iron, but rather shades of gray which remind me of iron. Here's another set of silks from Sublime Shroud Kreations, which shares a store with De La Soul (the maker of my skin and eyes), and I think it's my favorite of the ones Aydryan has made - I love the shine on the jewels and the light feathering on the side, as well as the three tiered skirt with dual colors. This is the Black Royal color, with a dusky blue highlighting. There's some gorgeous texturing on the bottom - and texturing is where Sublime Shroud Kreations really shines. The silks also come with a collar, but I substituted two other necklaces I'll highlight below. This also comes with a male top, which you can see at the store, and the whole silks set (all of Sublime Shroud Kreations's silks) is unisex. I paired in a set of Amaris' laced cuffs, which match the iron gray of the silks perfectly. For future silks, it might be fun to see more arm accessories - in dancing, the arms are often an attention getter, and I can imagine the shine of jewels on them really having a powerful effect.

One addition to this outfit which - if I did my work right - should seem seamless are the feet. These are the third version of SLink's Jolie feet, an in addition to being easy to fit and shade to match, they add true verisimilitude to my avatar, and finish out the silks seamlessly. They're shaded gorgeously; I particularly like the touch that the bottoms are shaded with the rim around the bottom of the feet being darker and slightly red - which makes it look like where you keep most of your weight; gorgeous detailed touch. With an additional HUD you get complete control over the colors of the toenails, but in my case I found a dark gray and stuck with it.

Whatchu Looking At?

The hair is a mesh from Alice Project that I got as a group gift; her group gifts give you one of each shade of blond, red, brown, and black - this is the blond, a grayer shade than I usually chose (I'm a golden blonde girl), but perfect for this look. I paired  it with dark ends, which make it look like my hair has been dipped in iron. The necklace on top is from Violet Voltaire, and the only thing labelled "iron" in my entire outfit. The second necklace is an old favorite from Little Boy Blue, a gorgeous mottled stone of iron gray and black, with a dark curve around the neck which echoes the other curves in my silks. I finished the look with a pale blue glitter from Croire on the lip - picking up the color in the jewels - and a hairflower from Wildo. The former is part of a gatcha prize, though you can buy the fatpack; the latter was inexpensive due to Wildo's closing sale - and I highly recommend you swing by if you like flowers in your hair.

I ended up at Tableau for the picture taking - focusing on the gray and dusty aspects rather than the more bright and colorful aspects of the town. The entire sim is surrounded by a mountainous wall which forms the perfect backdrop for pictures; slightly blue, the way landscapes in the distance tint blue, but tone in line with the rest of the sim so it's difficult to tell where sim ends and edge begins. A lot of times, single islands edge themselves with ocean, but in the case of Tableau this would make no sense - part of the point is that it's remote and inaccessible. And radioactive.

Drop the Bomb

One thing which struck me, thinking about the dystopic future of Tableau, was how familiar and frightening some of the images seemed - focused on Nuclear War, which was the bugaboo of my childhood, and yet, despite North Korea, seems so distant now. The fears of my adulthood are closer to fears of police states and being watched and tracked; of being trapped into one identity - fears which reflect the world I see growing around me, but which are far less easy to capture in images. I am Deoridhe in a deep, profound, and long-lasting way; this identity has served me well for fifteen years, and I see a world in which increasingly people will want to claim that because I used Deoridhe instead of a name on a formal document somewhere, that I deserve less credit or right to exist on the internet. My reasons for having a separate online identity are complex, but though some have faded over time the majority of them are still in place. This blog being on Google property underlies my inherent vulnerability as an individual - Google is gradually pulling the rug out from under pseudonymous people like myself, and it's only a matter of time before I have to find a new place to lay my head.

Range

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Damned, Rainbow 1
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, Prim Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipgloss: Croire, Glittery Gloss - blueberry (gatcha prize)
Hair: Alice Project, Amiya (group gift)
Hairflowers: Wildo, Juliet - black (closing sale)
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Necklace 1: Violet Voltaire, Eternity Necklace - Iron / Onyx
Necklace 2: Little Boy Blue, Kota Necklace
Silks: Sublime Shroud Kreations, Zorra Silks - Black Royal (promotional item)
Bracelets: Amaris, Laced Cuffs - Grey
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Talisman
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Feet: SLink, Jolie Pied Barefoot (promotional item)

Poses: Adorkable Poses

Location: Tableau
Light Settings: TOR, EUPHORIA Natural High

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

3 comments: