Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How NOT to pick up a chick in Second Life - Episode 2

So there I was, minding my own business and taking pictures (and looking damn pretty, if I do say so myself), when I had a want-to-be Lothario - one over a thousand days, mind you - IM me with a single word.

SL Lothario


[23:53]  SL Lothario: cute
[23:53]  Deoridhe Quandry: Excuse me?
[23:54]  SL Lothario: :-)
[23:54]  SL Lothario: saw you in the radar view
[23:54]  SL Lothario: excuse ME please
[23:54]  Deoridhe Quandry: Oh, all right. ^.^
[23:55]  SL Lothario: looks nice what i saw
[23:55]  Deoridhe Quandry: Thank you, I think?
[23:56]  SL Lothario: what you are looking for ?
[23:56]  Deoridhe Quandry: Looking for? I'm not sure what you mean.
[23:56]  SL Lothario: chatting..dancing....sex ????
[23:56]  Deoridhe Quandry: None of the above, thank you.
[23:57]  SL Lothario: smiles..it´s ok
[23:57]  SL Lothario: np
[23:57]  Deoridhe Quandry: Um..... ok.

And having been assured than no sex would be happening here... he settled down to chat up more women on his radar.

I think the thing I dislike most about these random chat-ups is how clear it's made from the beginning that I am both disposable and replaceable. No interest is shown in me, the individual; instead I am approached as me, the female, and if I don't pan out another female is sought instead. I'm not seeking an "any socket b into my tab a" kind of life experiences; I'm interested in interacting with people who want to know me - the person.

Gateway to Forever


Credits:

Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Skin: De La Soul, Charlie - Sparkle
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Iridescent
Hair: TS, Kage - Dirty Blond
Bindi: Little Boy Blue, Komala Bindi
Piercings: Little Boy Blue, Birthstone Labret and Birthstone Navel Piercing (tinted peach)
Jewelry: Eclectica, Victoriana Coral Bracelet and Ring
Top: G Field, Floral Halter Top - Peach
Skirt: LeeZu, Nell Skirt - mauve
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes - salmon

Pose: Long Awkward Pose, Barbie9a

Location: Greenburg
Light Settings: TOR, Sailor's Delight
Water Settings: Murky

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment