Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Yin Yang

My Overlords

I've spent the better part of a couple of days hunting for a black and white world, and ended up finding a white world where I could tint the sky black, and hang out under a gibbous moon, but after spending some time taking pictures I realized it was a creation of Rose Borchovski, who doesn't allow pictures - so I ended up deleting them all. I do recommend going to see There are Echoes in the Garden, but make sure not to take any pictures; I ended up deleting my review of the project since it makes little sense without the images, and I'll take this as a reminder to check who created something before spending the time setting up my shots!

So, given my choice of initial spot was ruined, I ended up seeking out another spot of light and dark and discovered I could finally sneak into MadPea Carnival, a monochromatic wonder of creepiness and shadows. MadPea always does amazing, detailed builds which are perfect for photography on every level. This particular bui.d has echoes of their couple of month hunt in the summer - all olde tyme buildings and ancient styles. Hints of the whimsy of other builds, with the bulbous and cute rendered creepy by shades of gray,hide here and there - and in the heart is a hint of things to come, weird and entrancing all at once. As you move around the sim, effects keep going off - made all the more startling and they're pretty much the only sources of light and sound! I jumped for a few of them, in one case quite appropriately. It looks like the crowds from the opening have died down, so now's the time to go and check out MadPea's latest offering with hints of hunts to come mid-November.

Beggars in Spain

The inspiration for everything, though, was this skin from Fallen Gods - a yin yang of texturing which appealed to my inner Taoist. I've always liked the idea of every-changing balance, that harmony of light and dark with a little of each swimming in the depths of the other. One of the first symbols of myself I ever made was a yin yang made up of two fish - I'm a Pisces so the combination of symbolic balance and the contrariwise fish was both fitting and ironic. The fish in Pisces are a symbol of the rise up and fall down of our natures; Pisces are supposed to either be dreamers floating above or wallowing in the much below - artists and druggies, that is us. The Tao cycle offers up an alternative, rising and falling on the tides of emotions that naturally flow throughout life without ever rising too high, or getting lost in the darkness in the depths. Perhaps someday, if i develop the sculpting ability, I'll make my swimming fish in world so they can spin around each other endlessly, light and dark, bright and dull, rising and falling.

By Any Other Name

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Fallen Gods, TAO female YIN with YANG tattoo
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Hair: Alice Project, Collette
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Spyralle, Rio Sun Mesh
Feet: SLink, Mesh Feet

Poses: Glitterati

Location: MadPea Carnival
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT Under a Yellow Moon
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment