Monday, June 16, 2014

2014 Fashion for Life: Excursion

Posing and Preening

Unlike last year, when each sim was named for the seventh wonder it was for Fashion for Life, this years theme is much more abstract - which can make it harder to tell what type of travel the builder was thinking of when she made her display. Excursion has a watery, old world feel to it which reminds me of the Venician bridges and channels, with the tall buildings on either side, the open palazzos for shopping, and the gorgeous gondolas here and there for getting around. Venice has been called the Floating City, and was known as a city where the wealthy and influential went about masked so that they could do business and still keep a veneer of impartiality. I set my story The Red Sail for Fantasy Faire 2013 there, and it remains one of the places I would love to visit, along with Florence, but which I also acknowledge will never live up to my dreams of it.

Dancing Fan

I'm wearing gorgeous EMO-tions hair again, this time in a tight ponytail. EMO-tions' Fashion for Life booth is on Journey, which we'll hopefully be getting to soon. It comes with textured hair layers, but I found I preferred it without; the hair line on an avatar skill is always an awkward point. The band is color-changing, and the braid is well rigged so that it looks like it's falling naturally in most poses. My dress is a fun baloon-puff dress from Distorted Dreams that I wanted as soon as I had seen it on Excursion. I love this kind of style and skirt, but it can be difficult to rig due to the shape; Distorted Dreams did an excellent job, from the small ruffle around the thighs, to keeping the voluminous shape even in twisty poses. The texturing is soft and dulled, like the underside of a flower petal, and the bodice is very simple. I would have loved balloon-like sleeves to go with it, perhaps as separate pieces; it would have taken a charming dress and given it just a bit more oomph. I'm wearing nails from  ZoZ again (found on Promenade), and I really love the softer shades which keep their rich tone. Finally, my accessories are another set of cookies from Sweet Thing (found on Meander), this time in the common chocolate shade. I paired them with cookie-half earrings instead of the mixers I used last time, and the effect is totally tasty.

Looking for Home

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: EMO-tions, Renee (Fashion for Life - Journey)
Hat: 22769, The Roses Crown (Art Hats Event)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick 1: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Lips
Lipstick 2: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor
Wings: Illusions, Apsara
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: ZoZ, Love (Fashion for Life - Promenade)
Jewelry: Sweet Thing, SillyBaking (Fashion for Life - Gacha)
Clothing: Distorted Dreams, Wanderust Dress (Fashion for Life - Excursion)
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Saltarello Slippers

Pose: Don't Freak Out

Location: Fashion for Life: Excursion

Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Cheery Cyan
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment