Thursday, August 4, 2011

ptotally pterrific

Glow

I have to make a note about !Right, which has shown up in a few of my posts. I've been getting their blogger packs for a while, picking through and dragging out what I liked the most, and it's really been a pleasure! I'm new to this whole "People give you things and don't even expect anything" thing, but I have to admit it's taken me to stores and places I likely wouldn't have gone on my own. I don't like all of !Right's work, and it's off to one side of my style, but I've loved pushing the envelope into a new area of style.

Hallway

It's been interesting watching the push and pull here and there about whether people should mention they're getting review copies or not. Some view it as bragging - which honestly surprised me since most of the store owners sending me things are not personal friends, but are rather acquaintances. Friendly acquaintances, but not close friends. Most of my close friends who are store owners, I sometimes blog but I purchase a lot of what I blog. One recent exception was the Gemini skin from De La Soul, but given how many of her Charlie skins I bought... I was grateful for the gifts! And I've picked up some additional cosmetic sets to add to what she gave me. Now and then something shiny will be dropped on me as a present, but more often than not I'm spending money.

Summoned

There are some stores I get free things which I simply don't blog, too. I pick through for what I want - and some stores are closer to my personal style than others. I will admit to feeling some guilt about getting free stuff, though, and my general free-seeking behavior. It's hard economic times, and I'd like to spread my money around, but I'm trying to pick carefully where that money goes and how much goes out. Things are tight here, too. Really, at the end of the day, all I can offer is my gratitude for generous creators, and the equal positive feelings from those who enjoy my blog and pictures.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei Cream
Tattoo: silentsparrow, Birdie Tattoos - cherry
Cosmetics: De La Soul, Red Lips
Eyeliner: cheLLe, Cleo Called Black
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Curious Kitties, Cindy
Wings: Terho, Elda - Red
Dress: !Right, Leona - black
Jewelry: Little Boy Blue, Clara Yule
Bracelets: Ezura, Lolita Crown - Red
Shoes: Purrfect 10, Summer Rose

Poses: Terho

Location: pteron
Light Settings: TOR, BIG SUN - Slips Through Walls 2
Water: TOR, Arakissed variant - tinted red

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment