Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Squee: Tadeus

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

Favorite Blanket

I'm going very personal this week, so this means for one of the first times I'm sharing something in the abstract which I can't share in the practical - my beloved kitty cat Tadeus. I've had him for fifteen years now; he and his sister were an impulse adoption while I was miserable at my first job out of college and I have never regretted having them in my life. I lost his sister, Shinku, over a decade ago to a heart condition but Tadeus is still going strong and meowing up a storm. He's never quite gotten the hang of pictures, though, leading to some funny images on my phone.

What is This?

When he was younger he was not a great snuggler - too busy playing - but in his advanced years he's learned a love for the long term cuddle. These days I rarely wake up without him curled up next to me, and if I lie down to read or take a nap he usually shows up within minutes. He has a loud meow which has become more piercing as he ages, and he's incredibly smart. He won't leave the house without knowing he can get back in, for example, and he knows how to get my attention by tapping me on the upper arm.  He's also a bit of a bedtime clock - around the time he thinks I should go to sleep he comes down the stairs to meow a reminder at me. This morning, he caused me great joy by sitting on the bookshelf by the window and chittering at the birds as they flew by. He's a total scardy-cat, which manifests by running away from new people and attacking new cats, but once he grows comfortable with you he will never leave you alone. He adores being brushed but has sensitive skin, so I use a special rubber brush on him and a human comb for snarls in his fur.



I love him dearly and he brings incredible joy to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment