Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Meme: What’s your Digits? – Take 5

What's Your Digits has been a project Berry has done for some time, a general review of the shapes everyone in her sphere uses. For all practical purposes, there's no need to change shapes, but external forces like mesh clothing and now mesh bodies has led to people changing bodies in response. I have two bodies I alternate between, depending on circumstances - my standard body, which has a belly, and my slim body, which doesn't. I also finally have a male shape I'm really happy with, on my alt Quatre, so I'll be showing him off for the first time, too.

I've done the challenge several times, in 2011, 2013, and 2014, mostly with very minor changes between them, and that remains true in 2015 - when I use the SLink mesh body, it fits on over my standard shape and just smooths it out a bit. I haven't yet taken to wearing it always, but I could see that happening in the future just for smoothness of joints. It sometimes is shown to poor effect with older poses, though, where my wrists or shoulders end up distended due to how the shape was made.

Monday Meme: What's Your Digits

  1. Do you currently own a mesh body? If so, do you wear it all the time or just once in a while? If not, skip to the fourth question. – I have the SLink body for Deoridhe and I don't foresee getting another one any time soon; they are pricy, and the effects I'm looking for - largely at the joints - are fairly universal across bodies. I like the manner of making parts of the body invisible as well; it makes it very useable for all but the most finicky outfits.

  2. What is your preferred mesh body available on the market right now?SLink Physique Body.

  3. Have you changed your shape since you started wearing the body? – I pretty much use the same shape - alternating between my preferred curvier body, and a small belly / larger rear one I use for revealing clothes so the edges match up.

  4. How do you feel about mesh bodies in general? – I like them, but I don't consider them critical.

  5. What is one thing you would request from designers when it comes to mesh bodies? – I would like smaller butted outfits and clothing. The current trend is for these massive hips and butts with no belly, and I just find it jarring.

I suppose in many ways I'm pretty conservative with my shape; it's one of the only things which remains consistent, and like my face I'm loathed to lose it. I prefer mesh bodies that let me keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment